Search results

1. M

MegaRAID 9460-16i firmware

Where can I find latest firmware for LSI/AVAGO MegaRAID 9460-16i? Broadcom does not list that card (anymore), search comes up empty.
  2. M

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Yes, my mistake. Anyway, was BIOS v1.2 released at all?
  3. M

Supermicro again (as usual) is failing to deliver security updates to their products (Intel Platform Update (IPU) Update 2022.3, November 2022 | Supermicro). I upgraded my HP workstation two weeks ago. Regarding X13SAE, they say Intel IPU 2022.3 is (will be) resolved in BIOS version 1.2...
  4. M

-F versions have IPMI menu instead of Thermal...
  5. M

In BIOS v2.0 I can see difference ~20 degrees of C between PCH temperature reported in BIOS and in SuperDoctor. Can you check it also?
  6. M

Please all of you with X13SAE(-F): 1. check temperatures in BIOS and report BIOS version and also whether degree symbol is displayed correctly (mine shows as ?) 2. report whether you have X13SAE or X13SAE-F 3. report whether you can monitor PCH temperature from Windows (only for ones with X13SAE...
  7. M

I think airflow produced by 1000 RPM fan can be categorized as "light". Usual server chassis is not built for ATX motherboard.
  8. M

Again, I was referring to PCH temperatures not CPU. That fan/cooler is for CPU. Also, PCH temperature also depends on what NVMe disks you're operating. Mine are PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 Pro.
  9. M

Regarding "UEFI Built-in Shell" boot entry. If you enable Secure Boot, booting "UEFI Built-in Shell" won't be possible, anything regarding it disappears from BIOS. Be aware if you have none BMC motherboard (not with -F appendix in P/N) and you have Secure Boot enabled, you won't be able to...
  10. M

That's cooler for CPU. I was asking whether you have installed PCH cooler.
  11. M

I've already told you I know how it can be disabled but it just does not work. Today SMC support has suggested to load optimized defaults in order to disable Secure Boot. Fortunately it has worked.
  12. M

Unless I figure out how to disable SecureBoot, booting unsigned EFI shell is not possible. external boot efi shell when secure boot is turned on
  13. M

I've already tried that and written it here (read above): cannot boot it because of SecureBoot=Enabled and I cannot disable it - I don't know why.
  14. M

Cannot boot Built-in EFI Shell because the particular boot entry is missing. Also I cannot create it manually because I do not know where that shell binary is located. "Launch EFI shell from filesystem" looks for shell.efi on filesystem(s). So I copied UEFI shell (from EDK2) into Windows 11 EFI...
  15. M

Can you show a photo of it? And what is P/N of cooler (you've meant heatsink probably?) and fan? And what exactly is EFI shell? The one located in EFI partition is by Microsoft (if you installed Windows) and if you invoke it, it boots Windows. Maybe UEFI/BIOS passes some parameter to it and it...
  16. M

X13SAE problems (BIOS v1.0b): 1. PCH temperature readings are from 100 to 108 degrees of Celsius according to BIOS 1a. it's weird because I can rest my finger on side of heatsink. 1b. HWINFO does not show PCH temperature!?? 1c. I have Noctua fan with 1000 rpm running on PCH heatsink (DIY) 2...
  17. M

Have you tried latest BIOS 1.0b? My upgrade from 1.0a fails with "Check RomLayout error" as if they uploaded wrong version on Supermicro website.
  18. M

When I remove NVMe disks from those M.2 slots which are wired to PCH, temp is 60 degrees of Celsius in idle state. Idle state = no OS installed, just staring at temps and voltages in BIOS. NVMe disks = Samsung 980 Pro with heatsinks and with latest firmware. No RAID configured (TBH, I cannot...
  19. M

Is PCH also water cooled?
  20. M

What is your PCH temperature on X13SAE? Mine is 80 degrees of Celsius, all M.2 slots are populated with Samsung 980 Pro. Idle state (watching BIOS temperature readings for 6 hours and it was oscillating around 80 degrees). Motherboard is on my desk, not in a case.