Search results

1. M

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Yes please, a changelog would be good, and some instructions how to apply this firmware (says Windows zip) update from LINUX!
  2. M

Thanks for the link. Never having had any experience using either SR-IOV or full passthrough, I'm not sure what benefit SR-IOV would offer me in the context of runing a single primary Linux desktop OS within Proxmox. If it indeed involves rebuilding a kernel then it's a hard pass. It's looking...
  3. M

Thanks for that, I dopped back to 6.5.13-3-pve as per a comment in your linked post. Still no joy but I think I have less dmesg -w errors in both the host and the guest but, in the guest, this seems interesting... I did try that in the guest kernel but that's when the i915 crash above was...
  4. M

My Minisforum MS-01 finally arrived after 4 months so I've spent nearly 24 hous trying to see if I can get iGPU passthrough to work, no luck so far. I'll detail my settings and results so far and see if anyone can comment. Hopefully this post will end up with a working example that can apply to...
  5. M

Hi folks, can anyone confirm if they have a 4TB M.2 working and if so what make and model and in which slot(s)?
  6. M

Minisforum MS-01

Incus has a lot of promise but for now Proxmox has a better integrated web ui and an excellent backup system (Proxmox Backup Server). In my case, the reason I want to run a linux desktop in a VM with iGPU passthrough, is to take advantage of that excellent backup system and being able to restore...
  7. M

Minisforum MS-01

I want to use mine as a virtual desktop with Proxmox and CachyOS (Arch based) as my primary daily driver *IF* I can get iGPU passthrough to work to the Xe gpu. Has anyone with a MS-01 tried iGU passthrough yet?
  8. M

Really? Whew, that is excellent news. In my case I only care about a CachyOS or Manjaro Plasma desktop as my primary daily driver. I'm hoping I do not have to install a GPU card just for passthrough. However, it seems some, or most, of us will be waiting quite a while to get our hands on our...
  9. M

Thanks for the encouraging info. I should have been more specific... does full iGPU passthrough work (not SR-IOV GPU sharing) with a Proxmox VM? And what's with the difference between Xe (96 eu) and UHD (48 eu) graphics?
  10. M

Yes, please. Can anyone with a i9-13900H please try full iGPU passthrough and report if it works, or not?
  11. M

I've tried virtio-gl with a couple of Linux desktop VMs, and it's still laggy with tearing. For a daily-driver Plasma/Wayland desktop experience, I really need to get full iGPU passthrough to work. I got so desperate for a spare desktop computer that I ended up installing kde-plasma-desktop...
  12. M

I'd be really interested to know if anyone has managed to get iGPU passthrough working with the onboard XE gfx in a Proxmox VM so that the PCI slot could be used for more NVMe storage?