Search results

1. I

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Pulling the air out seems to work best for me too. Did your case come with a mesh dust cover over the holes? If so did you remove it or keep it in place with the fan mounted?
  2. I

I can't close the lid with the second nvme drive, yes the fan touches the nvme. The problem is the daughter riser board holds the nvme drive to high.
  3. I

How were you able to mount the fan inside the case with two nvme drives? My 40x10mm fan when mounted on the inside touches the nvme that is mounted to the extension daughter board. It will definately not fit.
  4. I

I got it working with the omnijoin adapters. Do you have the fan blowing air out or sucking air in? What is best for this case?
  5. I

Thanks for confirming, this is what I gather. This is too bad m.2 sata drivers are not supported, nvme drives run hot and consume a lot of power especially for an internet appliance like this where heat is an issue. I will have to purchase a low power nvme. What nvme drive did you end up using...
  6. I

Thanks for the reference. These two sources seem to agree 5v should typically be red: - is the yellow or red wire 12V? - Molex to SATA Adapter Cables Can Be Dangerous to Your SSD!
  7. I

Looking at this adapter cable I see red, black, black and yellow. I think the yellow might be the 5v. Did you end up using the pin where the red wire would go for the 12v fan?
  8. I

I wonder if that is my problem. I tried two m.2 SATA SSD drives (not nvme). I wonder if this board will not accept an m.2 SATA SSD or if it will only accept a m.2 nvme drive. i haven't really seen a board where the m.2 socket wouldn't accept a SATA or nvme drive but I guess it is possible. I...
  9. I

Are these nvme or sata m.2 drives? At least in my case, there was no CPU gap. The first thing I did was remove the board and look at how it was pasted. It was actually pasted well with a grey grease in the right portion, not over applied. There was also two little clear silicon strips on either...
  10. I

So the 12v version of this fan fits the SATA power pins on the board? Did you have to mod it in anyway? I actually asked the vendor first what type of fan to buy and they recommended a 40x10 4 pin 5v fan so I am disappointed it doesn't work.
  11. I

I also bought a Noctua 5v fan (NF-A4x10) to mount on the bottom of the case and it also doesn't seem to work with this board. The PIN connector on the board labeled "FAN1" is much smaller than the connector on this fan. There are some pins labeled "JCOM1" F_USB1". Does anyone know if I can use...
  12. I

Hi Everyone, I am brand new to this forum. I was considering purchasing a protectli for a router project however they just increased their price over $150 for the unit I was watching in a week and the device was already selling a huge premium. I decided instead to purchase the "fat" v3 version...