Search results

1. L

ZOL - refresh a pool status when disk is physically missing

As someone suggests me I opened a thread in the ZOL list in parallel to this thread. My ZOL version is 2.0.3-9 and the ZOL list gave the same answer as you : this functionality is not implemented for now and seems difficult to integer as I understood. None of these commands working in my case...
  2. L

Hi and sorry for the delay I did not find a moment to manage this project this week. Then ... I tried again to export the disk which was mistakenly physically removed to trace what happens. In my case after a loooong while, the logging started to populate (in my case I mistakenly removed the...
  3. L

After ejecting a disk in the software way (zpool offline), I ejected physically the wrong disk, I just tried : zpool export pool_bkp The command never ended without symptom of activity (12 minutes after the command was always running). From a second terminal, when I tried to see the effective...
  4. L

Thank you for your reactivity I really love this forum ;) ! Yes RAID-Z is a mistake ! This is a RAID1 with 2 disks in mirror but not a RAID-Z (I memorized without verified it that a RAID with ZFS was a RAID ZFS shorten in RAID-Z but I re-discovered that a RAID-Z is a variation of RAID5)...
  5. L

Hi :) We have a ZFS RAIDZ of 2 disks in mirror to let us eject one by slots protected with doors if a sinister arises. We externalise one disk a month and to simplify the process of ZOL replace we try to make an automated script. We block in one point : refresh the pool status. Suppose we have...
  6. L

ZOL - recover lacked MBR after physical problem

OK I just finished to study ZOL and I did not find an answer to my problem. Anyone ?
  7. L

I do not know if the below would help to understand the problem (the disk is OEB ; see above for the meaning) : root@vm-bullseye:~# zdb -l /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD40EFZX-68AWUN0_WD-WXA2DA14XTCH-part1 ------------------------------------ LABEL 0 ------------------------------------ version...
  8. L

How to determine the N ? Blow away with dd ? Why do this ? At this moment the states of our 4 disks : 2 seem destroyed but without a definitive real proof the oldest external backup (named below OEB) : we do not manage to import and mount it because after having worked, the import process now...
  9. L

As nobody answers me I will ask step by step. Is there any possibility that an hard drive become an electrical problem vector which can produce some erratic behaviors or contaminate or physically destroy some other devices ?
  10. L

Hello and really thanks for your help ;) Sorry for the delay, but not to aggravate the problem I had to make the backup system operational urgently and it is not easy with our equipment and my knowledge. Not directly on physical disks ... but I tried in virtual environment (Qemu/KVM) with 2...
  11. L

We had a physical problem in our backup server (we suppose an electrical shock due to the thunderstorm). The system is Linux Debian on a disk and the storage in on a two 4 TB disks RAID-1 ZFS (ZFS On Linux) pool. The first symptom we discovered was a frozen system. After we had multiple erratic...