Search results

1. D

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Unfortunately the only vendor I've found so far with Coreboot is Protecli, and they don't come cheap nor with i226. BTW, that Gigabyte backdoor is pretty bad. Hopefully there is no backdoor like that on linux-based OSes.
  2. D

On linux systems that can be fixed just by downloading the intel-microcode. No idea on a windows server machine.
  3. D

Jasper Lake Proxmox (KVM/QEMU) VM Guest Stability

To people with N6005, DO NOT update to the N5105, CWWK tech support just confirmed the BIOS is NOT universal.
  4. D

I wish the 7505 was available when I bought mines. 2 REAL cores are definitely better than 1 physical core, and the linux kernel will manage them just fine. Just go for the 7505.
  5. D

The Noctua stated above is rated to max 1.56W, that is at full speed. If your BIOS supports PWM then the wattage is definitely going to be lower.
  6. D

I screwed mine on the upper side of the casing, so that it cools directly the cpu pads, there is literally no noise/vibrations. On the lower side I guess it doesn't do much. CWWK might release a new bios with PWM support shortly, fingers crossed.
  7. D

Just for reference: I went from an inside-mounted 80x80x10 fan to a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM (120x120x15) screwed on the outside casing. Temperature dropped from 32C to 25C, with literally no noise at all. Pretty impressed.
  8. D

Not a major update, running smooth with zfs and kernel 6.2, no issues here.
  9. D

It actually is on 2.7, and the snapshots are extremely stable since the official release is close. In fact, with any CE snapshot BEFORE the 15th of February you can actually upgrade directly to 23.01.
  10. D

Working fine here with pfsense with passtrough (i226) and other VMs and LXC. Appears to be snappier honestly, there are some improvements from Intel on 6.2 (even more on 6.3), I should have run an iperf before and after the update. What's more interesting is the RAM usage: it decreased by...
  11. D

To all having freeze issues every now and then: user R1CH on proxmox forum posted a modified version of the latest 2023 intel microcode, which adds fixes for N5xxx/N6xxx cpus. Here is the link to download and install: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/vm-freezes-irregularly.111494/post-536880...
  12. D

Same here, the bios of a N6005 with 6xi226 hasn't got any Smart Fan section. Tried to complain with CWWK, they couldn't give a flyin' f**k.
  13. D

Yes, that's supposed to be removed with a screwdriver if you need to pass any cable outside.
  14. D

Regarding all suggestions to set ASPM to AUTO in the BIOS: with Proxmox and ACPI set to AUTO, the ASPM causes a lot of errors in the syslog related to the pcie and AER. Basically, the kernel is trying to fix those errors by not allowing PCIe devices to go in power saving mode, hence setting...
  15. D

Positive I got the right ones, like most other users in this forum with these temps: root@pve:~# sensors coretemp-isa-0000 Adapter: ISA adapter Package id 0: +32.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C) Core 0: +28.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C) Core 1: +28.0°C (high =...
  16. D

I have N6005 boxes idling at 29C, I think it depends on the quality of the chassis/copper block. 60C when idling is definitely wrong here.
  17. D

Has anybody got this errors in the syslog of Proxmox: pve kernel: i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] *ERROR* Unexpected DP dual mode adaptor ID 7f Can't get rid of those, and there is no display connected to the DP port nor to the HDMI one.
  18. D

I have mine (N5105 with i226) with Proxmox and 3 LXCs stable at 27C, nvme at 31C. Just replaced the thermal paste, but my box is as slimmer as his but slightly different. I wouldn't say normal, I'd say the CPU is not making proper contact with the chassis.
  19. D

I don't have any intention to teach you physics here, but again: an hollow solid would saturate with heat too quickly than it can dissipate. Solids are used so they can take a lot of heat and dissipate it quickly enough, being actively or passively cooled. You don't have to trust me, you just...
  20. D

That's why a SOLID piece of copper/aluminium would dissipate heat faster. I have the Icybox, way better than the Geekworm's one, and the alumium pipes are solid. If they were hollow, they would heat up quickly and unable to dissipate the heat in due time, they would saturate in a heartbeat...