Search results

1. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Is anyone interested in a CX-570? I bought one for this project, and ended up going a different direction.
  2. K

[WTB] Supermicro 4U fan walls

I have a fanwall from a 846, no screws though. It does have the fan brackets, though, and fans (if you want them).
  3. K

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Does anyone know if the 910x, which has a PCIe slot, will work with the 2 or 4 port NICs? I've seen some references that it only works with GPUs.
  4. K

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

If you still have those, I'll take them.
  5. K

At the risk of being dumb, can these be used in non-hp systems?
  6. K

Apologies. I forgot to update my post. Someone did take it, so you have one less mouth to feed
  7. K

Free to whomever wants it, just pay shipping: Dual Opteron (I have long since forgotten which ones) 48GB DDR2 Supermicro H8DME-2-BL002 rev 2.01a 3x Supero SAT2-MV8 rev 3.00 PCI-X cards Given away!
  8. K

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

I was all set on a H11SSL (swearing in my head that it was PCIe 4.0), but it looks like I'd have to go for a H12SSL if I want that. Thanks for pointing out that Tyan S8030. I may go that route now. It's going in a CSE-846, so I'll have to buy the front panel adapter if I go that route. I...
  9. K

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Does yours have a LSI logo anywhere? I saw these, but was concerned about counterfeit.
  10. K

I'll report back with specifics, but I was wondering if anyone might be interested in a Dual Opteron + Mobo + DDR2 + PCI-X SATA cards? I don't know models just yet, but I'm hopefully going to liberate the hardware from the chassis this weekend, and I can get specs. I don't imagine it's worth...
  11. K

Am I reading this right?

I am in the process of building a storage array, using a Supermicro 846 chassis. Now...I don't know if I ever really intend to fully fill this beast of a case, but it was free to me, so I'm utilizing it. My last piece(s) I need are HBA's. I did some quick napkin math, and wanted to see if I am...
  12. K

WD HE12 SAS Drive Not Recognized in LSI2308

I did not know about this. Seems like the easiest route. Thanks for the suggestion and insight!
  13. K

WD HE12 SAS Drive Not Recognized in LSI2308

Thanks! Good to know. I am considering this drive. I assume you could also pry the pin up, or cut the trace on the board also (although this would invalidate any warranty, whereas kapton tape would not)? Although I wonder if I would even have to deal with this? I have a Supermicro 846 TQ...
  14. K

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

So are the fans intake or exhaust? I just got a 570, and I plan on printing your shroud.
  15. K

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q with Intel X550-T2 (FRU 00MM860) made practical with 3D Printed Bracket

I thought the 920q only has a single NVME M.2 slot? The p330(?) are the ones with 2. Or a 920x.
  16. K

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q with Intel X550-T2 (FRU 00MM860) made practical with 3D Printed Bracket

I'm pretty positive that the only SSD slot is an M.2, which is located on the bottom side of the motherboard. So...yes.
  17. K

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I've looked at the Firewalla. I think I'm going to start with pfSense/OPNsense and go from there. My big decision now is can I "get by" with something like a Lenovo m900/Dell 7040/HP 800 for ~$100, and add a 2nd NIC via A+E Wireless PCIe.... -OR- Spend ~$215 and get a m720q/m920q and pop a...
  18. K

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I found your post on the "other forum", and am intrigued. Do you happen to know what kind of idle/running draw you get with Clacks and pfSense? I'm debating if it is worth spending the extra on a M720q/M920q/M70q/M90q and adding a 4-port card, or getting a cheaper device (half the price) like...