Search results

1. E

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Assuming you got the V4, there should be USB 2 pin headers on the motherboard. You can check the pinout diagram for USB 2 but the first and 2nd last rows should be your +5V and ground pins. I've arrowed them in my picture of my motherboard. As for the repaste, I would still recommend as long...
  2. E

Intake for me. Got a 40x10 5V noctua blowing on my nvme with a heatsink to keep it cooler. My case is the smaller one with the vented holes on either side so it serves as a good air channel for it to go out. Works quite well and also helps provide active cooling to the main heatsink (case).
  3. E

I wouldn't be that concerned as that seems to be the way Topton operates...they take forever to ship but the unit eventually reaches the end user...at least that's the hope. I've ordered a 4125 unit from them recently and they took about 9 days to ship it. It came with a weird tracking number...
  4. E

I've got the same unit and had similar temps out of the box. You won't see any daylight gaps until you clean off the thermal paste since they put such a huge chunk on there out of the factory. You might also need to change the angle as there's another block for the NICs behind that which will...
  5. E

I got the model C V4 5105 a few weeks back and repasted and shaved down the standoffs. Running bare metal OPNSense and get around 40'C idle with low 60'Cs under load. Definitely not a bad little unit.
  6. E

I have that same case with the n5105 and the v226 intel NICs. I made a post about it and the mods I did to it to get decent temps. Personally I think the case is more than enough to provide sufficient cooling and I much prefer the smaller case profile. I've got mine running OPNSense for the last...
  7. E

Yup that's the same unit I got. Seems quite good so far with mods (I documented this a few pages back) and plan on putting into use as a OPNSense firewall at home this weekend.
  8. E

From what I know the 5V has less options as Noctua doesn't include their lower noise fan adapter in the kit which the 12V version does. If noise is a concern you might be better off getting a 120mm fan and putting that on the exterior which should be much quieter. With the 40mm 5V, it puts out...
  9. E

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for confirming! I used a standard 4 pin female header (not sure if this is the right term) that I had in my electronics parts bin. I connected only 2 of the pins based on the USB header pinout pins 1 and 4 for VCC and GND. That's soldered to the 2 pin female fan...
  10. E

First post here after finding Patrick's video on STH youtube. Thanks for all the work everyone's put into finding more about these units as it's help me with the setup of mine. I ordered a barebones 5105 V4 barebones unit (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004697822666.html) from Ali on Sep...