Search results

1. C

Connectx-3 dual QSFP card - setup as 8 SFP+ switch?

This was one of my thoughts as well. Wouldn't be too hard. And if I went with the connectx-3 dual QSFP+ cards (or similar) I think I could do 40Gb/s instead of just 10... But that would mean replacing a couple cards and cables that I already have. And I would really like to know more about...
  2. C

Yes, the main server will run 24/7. I do have separate subnets for the two networks. (192.168.5.0/24, 192.168.7.0/24) The only bridge I intend to create is on the one dual SFP+ nic. I don't think there should be a chance for a loop anywhere. But the idea of limiting the workstations to a...
  3. C

That's close to what I've got. I haven't had these bridge-stp off bridge-fd 0 The biggest issue I'm finding is that the gigabit connection (internal nic) loses its ability to reach the internet.
  4. C

Yes, 3 machines. Each one with a free PCIe slot for a 10G card. I also need the 3 machines to connect to a regular gigabit network with the "built-in" nics. I've been experimenting with setting up the bridge with a solarflare 7122f but having trouble making it work correctly.
  5. C

Aruba S2500 draws 50w at idle, ICX6450-24 might be around 25W? CRS305-1G-4S+IN looks like it might idle at less than 10W?!? But the little Microtik doesn't appear to be very 'available'. I prefer to buy this kind of thing used (glutton for troubleshooting nightmares, I guess) but I'm not seeing...
  6. C

I currently have a breakout cable in use connecting to a single sfp port in another machine. It is working although I'm not getting the throughput I expect. (300-350MB/s one way and 160MB/s the other). Perhaps this breakout issue is related to my performance issue?
  7. C

This is a hardware + software question. I'm setting up a file server running linux. I have a dual QSFP Mellanox Connectx-3 card in it. I'm wondering if I can set it up so that the card shows up as a single interface in linux with all 8 SFP+ (breakouts) running to different workstations but all...
  8. C

Dell HBA330 real world performance?

I'm wondering what kinds of numbers I can expect to see, particularly for sequential read and write for a JBOD setup on the Dell HBA330 card. Any one care to share their speeds? Or give me a wag about what (8) spinning drives can do hanging off one of these cards? Sure, you want to know what...