Search results

1. S

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I have a 6036 (from mellanox I believe) and I am trying to set the fan speeds. I can get PS1 to set, but the fans won't set. I am running 3.6.8012 and have used the fae commands. (config) # fae mlxi2c set_fan /FAN1/FAN 1 30 Aug 17 20:47:54 INFO LOG: Initializing SX log with STDOUT as...
  2. S

DCS-7050S support SFP for 1gbe copper?

I was wondering if the DCS-7050S supports just plain SFPs? I have some 1g copper that I would like to plug into it if it does. Also, anything I should know about for those switches? I am reading I can upgrade the boot flash to 4g, and the ram to 16g for pretty cheap, so those seem like no...
  3. S

IB switch connect to ethernet network?

that explains why I am having a hard time finding them! Again, thank you all for the quick answers!
  4. S

Thank you for the article, It will be helpful in the long term. In the short term though, if I connect a breakout cable to the 6036 so far all I see are breakout cables that are qsfp+ to sfp+ male to male. I need something on the sfp+ side that I can convert the male to a female rj45 connection...
  5. S

Thank you so much for the info!! That helps a ton. Unfortunately I do need some 1g rj45 connections so I am kind of stuck with another switch. I am looking for something that would convert the sfp+ male connection to a copper rj45, but haven't found that yet. If I can do that, then there's...
  6. S

Good morning, Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I was wondering if it's possible to connect a mellanox 6036 switch to an ethernet switch? I have been trying to read through all the posts about the switches, and there is conflicting info. I read that the 6036s have a VPI system...