Search results

1. S

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Hi there. I did successfully change the fan speed but when I tried to get the fan speed less than 27, the switch become unresponsive running full speed the fans for a few seconds and then turning them off again. It is stuck in a loop and it doesn't let me edit the fan speed. Any ideas of how to...
  2. S

THANKS FOR sharing. I have managed to reduce the fan speed but it was still noisy for my home lab. I tried changing fan_speed int8 27 to 20 but the fans starting full speed and stopping every 3 seconds
  3. S

HI MATE. Thanks for sharing. I tried but I didn't get lucky. Could you please have a look to see if you can find what I am doing wrong? I have an SX6012 and I am not sure if I have PS1 and PS2 fans. I tried removing them but not luck either. [admin@switch-f34844 ~]# mount /dev/mtdblock6 on...
  4. S

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have done the above. I think the switch got bricked after running /sbin/manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -B -u http://192.168.7.77/image-PPC_M460EX-SX_3.4.0012.img . In the beginning the command didn't go through and I made a path modification to access the image and after...
  5. S

I got this. Could you please help me understand the situation and how it can be fixed? # /sbin/manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -B -u http://192.168.7.77/web_share/image-PPC_M460EX-3.4.2008.img ====== Starting manufacture at 20240310-233634 ====== Called as: /sbin/manufacture.sh -a -m ppc -B -u...
  6. S

Thanks for your reply. I tried resetting but no luck. I started from scratch but I got stack on this. == Using image from URL: http://192.168.7.77/web_share/image-PPC_M460EX-3.4.2008.img == Calling writeimage to image system *** Partition /dev/mtdblock6 was mounted and should not be Error...
  7. S

Is this a successful conversion or i missed something? I plugged a qsfp cable on the switch but there are no lights blinking and it doesn't seem to work. I did this a long time ago and I don't remember the login credentials. Any way to fix that? Also, how to I access the web interface? INIT...
  8. S

Hi everyone. I started with the guide to convert an EMC mellanox sx6012 .If the switch is successfully converted, is it going to support Ethernet?
  9. S

Hi guys. I can ping my PC from my switch but I cannot ping the switch from my PC. What am I doing wrong? The switch boots only U-BOOT at the moment. I cannot find any working OS. I am trying to cross-flash the switch to Mellanox OS. I am connecting with my EMC version of SX6012 via Serial Cable...
  10. S

Thanks mate. I appreciate it
  11. S

Hi there. I have been searching for days trying to find the guide of how to convert EMC switch to Mellanox. Do you have any valid link to download it?
  12. S

Is it possible to flash Mellanox FCAT to make it same as FCBT?

Thanks for your reply. Both adapters are dual ports. Here are some pictures.
  13. S

Is it possible to flash Mellanox FCAT to make it same as FCBT?

HI guys. I am using Mellanox FCBT and FCAT and OFED drivers are not available for Proxmox 7.4. As a result, FCAT is showing up Infiniband only and FCBT ethernet at the moment. I am struggling to set both adapters under infiniband or ethernet. Is any way flashing FCAT making it same as FCBT...
  14. S

Mellanox ConnectX-3 firmware tweaks QDR - QSFP+

HI Rand. I have 1 mellanox FCBT and 1 FCAT. FCBT works fine in Proxmox 7.4 but FCAT is showing Infiniband only. Is it possible to flush FCAT to make it same as FCBT? If yes, could you please let me know the steps I have to follow?
  15. S

Proxmox w/ 2 NICs on the same network

Hi guys. Here is a video troubleshooting the error