Search results

1. S

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

So i edited the passthrough map and set the device ID in there along with the vendor ID and set it to D3d0. Following your advice, I did a complete shutdown and cold booted the machine, when it came back up, and I started the VM with the pass through, much to my surprise, I saw the windows logon...
  2. S

I've tried with both DVI and HDMI, no difference there.
  3. S

no dice. Same thing as before.
  4. S

doing it now... hang tight!
  5. S

So I tried enabling the hypervisor with VMkernel.Boot.disableACSCheck = true, Ah gotcha. And yes I do have a monitor connected. I also have tried to set the bios of the host machine to start with the IGPU, Auto and start with the nividia card (as its currently configured) and it made no...
  6. S

Yes I did, is this something I should not do?
  7. S

I'll give this a try, thanks! The one thing I cant do is swap the this 1050 and the 9210i card because the 1050 cannot physically fit on the bottom slot on the gpu. I know doing so would limit it to 8 lanes, which is fine and might balance out any sort of pci-e lane exhaustion, but I did try...
  8. S

So I'm having a bear of time getting pass through to work and after spending 4 weeks on it, im about to give up. I have a dell precision 3620 i7-6700 desktop I'm using as my esxi 7.0u3 host. I run about 5 vm's on this machine and i'm doing pass through with 3 devices, all of which work...