Search results

1. K

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

I agree with what you are doing there to deal with large storage requirement but I hope I won't need to do this. I have other PCs running in my home network so hopefully i'll be able to leverage the network storage shares and some softwares to sync/backup stuff. Its a nice 3D printed box for...
  2. K

I can see that you are wanting to not having to spend money on a low powered NAS box on its own. You want to use this fanless PC to run as a NAS by attaching hard drives to it. In theory, you can have a 3.5" HD enclosure with 8TB on it and attach it to this PC. But in my experience with 3.5" HD...
  3. K

I wouldn't consider putting a SATA drive on that unit. It will block airflow. Having 2 SATA drives in there would be a mess of a setup. You can pay extra to have them adding a connector to the wifi port to extend out an extra nvme port. Thats probably the best solution if you can add heatsinks...
  4. K

This is similar to what happened to my unit when I tried to install Proxmox VE 7.2. The solution was to edit GRUB to boot with nomodeset and don't use UEFI boot. I had to do this many times until I got a permanent solution.
  5. K

That looks like the skinny version N5105. I'm guessing that it would need more cooling than the beefier V3 topton unit due to the difference in heatsink size. I've got a V3 unit and pointers from this thread got me to open it up for inspection and doing a repaste. Anyway, I had issue installing...