Search results

1. S

raidix eraraid on 4 nvme - request your perf test

WOW @lihp , oh my goodness thank you so much for taking the time to share all this. I will certainly go over this. The hardware environment I get to play with is: 7525 Dell server with dual AMD EPYC 7252 8c/16t. and the storage in question is 6 (soon to be 8) 8TB Samsung PM9A3 NVMe U.2 drives...
  2. S

ooph. not good. have you found any good alternatives? I've tried Dell's S150, Windows server 2022 Storage Spaces, StarWind's SAN software. So far the best is SS (about 50-65% of single disk), worse is StarWind's by far (about 10-20% of single disk), but admittedly that could be a settings issue.
  3. S

@lihp Hi there, I have been trying unsuccessfully to get a satisfactory (better than a single drive) software RAID10 (or 5/6) speed with 6 NVMe's. I wanted to try RAIDIX Era 4 but the free license directed me to a google drive with just documentation. Still waiting on a response from them, but...
  4. S

Cheap 32in 4K IPS Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, usb-c inputs $330 FS

Wife likes it still. If you read my convo with wildpig1234 you'll see I had reservations about it for my super particular workflow. For 99% of users out there, it's great. edit: just re-read old posts, maybe we talked more in private, or in my head? Anyway, If you're hoping for high AdobeRGB...
  5. S

Haha definitely. if I had my druthers, a 32 4k in the middle and 2 of these on the sides rotated portrait mode: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/reference-displays/4k-uhd-reference-displays/dp-v3010
  6. S

right, So now I'm stuck using her 27" monitor for my secondary. She's using this one as her main
  7. S

Dell 15th gen servers with 3rd party ssd drives

I was planning on using TeamGroup NVMe's in a U2 caddy with an R7525 server. Did you figure out a solution?
  8. S

pfft ended up keeping it. I made the mistake of letting my wife use it while I was testing some photography equipment and now I'm not getting it back.
  9. S

ok bought one today, I'll calibrate it and see how close it is. Might use it for tethered photography monitor if it's good enough.
  10. S

Oh cool, yeah that should work with DisplayCal https://displaycal.net/ I'm not sure how up to date the software is, but it should work. I use this to calibrate mine for photography use. Wish it would work for print, but I'd need an actual spectrophotometer instead of thie X-rite i1Display Studio
  11. S

Hey @wildpig1234 Have you done any color calibration on it yet? I'd love to know what the delta >e value is on AdobeRGB