Search results

1. A

NetApp DS4246 with Dell Compellent controller read speeds slow

I tried with another NetApp HBA, with another machine and TrueNAS Core this time and a new DS4246. Even in the new enclosure I see the same issue, synchronous read speeds drop to ~50-70 MB/s after a couple of hours. I've concluded there's something wrong with my drives, these are IBM branded...
  2. A

I tried using a NetApp 12Gb/s HBA as well and on TrueNAS Core this time with IOM6 installed on the back of the shelf, I still see the same issue. So far, I see that the read speeds decrease when the drives have been up and running for a couple of hours (> 9) even if the pool had been idle the...
  3. A

I have a Netapp 12gb/s quadport HBA on the way (will be delivered sometime next week) and I'll try that to rule out any issues related to HBA. I have another LSI quadport 6 Gb/s HBA on the way as well. The issue can either be due to controller modules in the disk shelf (I tried IOM3, IOM6 and...
  4. A

Thanks for the replies, I understand dd isn't a good benchmark tool, but I'm trying to spot the sudden change in transfer speeds even with cifs/dd/nfs when I have single vs multiple simultaneous file transfers going on. I tried switching to IOM3 controllers on the Netapp DS4243 and I still get...
  5. A

This is happening while doing 'dd if=somefile of=/dev/null bs=1M' on truenas shell, even without going through network. So, the iperf3 and smbmultichannel aio might not help.
  6. A

I have a NetApp DS4246 with Dell compellent controller and 24 4tb 7.2k rpm SAS drives. I connected it to a dell r730xd with LSI SAS9207-8E and installed TrueNAS Scale. After creating a pool with mirrored vdevs (6 mirrored vdevs with 3 drives each), I started testing read and write speeds using...