Search results

1. MuscleLazy

Format SSD to 4Kn with Samsung DC Toolkit 2.1 for Linux?

I have few Samsung PM883 SSDs that I need to format to 4Kn sectors, sg_format and hdparm fail. I was looking online and apparently the only tool I can use is the DC Toolkit 2.1, but Samsung removed the Linux download link. Anyone has a copy that can share? Edit: I managed to find a hidden file...
  2. MuscleLazy

Latest firmware for HGST Helium drives?

I contacted WD and they told me they don't offer support for OEM disks. Anyone knows where I can download the latest firmware for HGST Helium drives (e.g disk model HUH728080ALE601)? I will use Hugo to install the firmware, I currently have two firmware versions installed into all drives: #...
  3. MuscleLazy

Update the correct board name and NVDATA product ID?

I recently flashed a Dell PERC H810 full card to IT mode using @fohdeesha's instructions: # sas2flash -c 1 -list LSI Corporation SAS2 Flash Utility Version 20.00.00.00 (2014.09.18) Copyright (c) 2008-2014 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved Adapter Selected is a LSI SAS: SAS2308_2(D1)...
  4. MuscleLazy

Dell R720xd cannot see disks in NetApp DS4246

I have a Dell R720xd with a PERC H710 Mini flashed to IT mode and TrueNAS Scale 22.02.3 running on it. I purchased a NetApp DS4246 with dual IOM6's and dual power supplies. I had a PERC H810 flashed to IT mode and used a SFF-8436 to SFF-8088 cable, but the SATA disks are not seen in TrueNAS...
  5. MuscleLazy

Sun Oracle F40/80 PCIe SSD fans sound level on a Dell R720xd?

I'm about to purchase 2 units and I would like to know if they increase the fans speed, once installed. I run TrueNAS Scale on Dell R720xd server and I need it as silent as possible. Thank you for your help.
  6. MuscleLazy

PCIe bootable SSD drive adapter card for Dell R720xd?

I have a Dell R720xd server with 12 SAS drives + 2 SSDs installed and I need an additional SSD to run the TrueNAS Scale OS on it. The 12 3.5 inch drives in front are all used for the main tank and the 2 SSDs in the back are used as RAID1 for another tank. The OS runs on a USB stick, which I want...