Search results

1. G

Access points - port performance relevance

:) Your home experience reminds me that I shouldn't really complain. The only thing stopping me running a cable is the low WAF. "Happy wife, happy life"... but I will play with AP positioning a bit more though. Thanks for the reminder. I've salivated over those Netgear/Asus quad-band AX11000...
  2. G

Got that. Cheers anyway. I suppose I'm concerned that the new APs (probably Netgear WAX630) 2.5G WAN ports function as LAN ports too. Some products don't allow it (?!), so I'll confirm and pull the trigger. The rest of the network has the necessary speeds already. Thanks for your input.
  3. G

How do I isolate wireless clients from my LAN?

You're looking for VLANs. Also, I'm guessing the PFSense is your one-and-only router and a convenient place for DHCP. Switch all other DHCP servers (as in services) off in your network. In the AP, create a VLAN and assign a SSID to it for authorised client devices. Assuming your AP is connected...
  4. G

Hi all, Learning from Patrick and others while shopping for the next improvement of WiFi for the home (Asus ZenWifi, Netgear Orbi or WAX), I'm surprised to hear so much mention of performance relative to the WAN speed. e.g. you won't gain much having the 2.5G ports if you only have 1G (or less)...