Search results

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

@Lone Wolf, plugging the switch directly into my desktop, instead of another switch on my network, and manually assigning a new IP to the desktop did the trick. Was able to run update_uboot with no issues and am now on my way through the rest of the guide! Thanks again for the help man!
  2. S

Current project for work has me out of town and only home every other weekend but I'll post results next time I'm back. Thanks @fohdeesha
  3. S

Yup, console cable plugged into console port and ethernet cable plugged into management port below.
  4. S

No worries, I appreciate all the help @Lone Wolf!
  5. S

And no issues pinging from either device when switch is booted in the OS. ICX6450-48P Router>ping 192.168.1.123 Sending 1, 16-byte ICMP Echo to 192.168.1.123, timeout 5000 msec, TTL 64 Type Control-c to abort Reply from 192.168.1.123 : bytes=16 time=1ms TTL=128 Success rate is 100 percent...
  6. S

The 'setenv' commands have always worked on mine, even before flashing the new primary image. It just was never able to connect to/ping the TFTP server which I assumed was an issue with the TFTP server/Windows Firewall but that doesn't seem to be the case since no issues flashing via the GUI. So...
  7. S

Was able to update primary successfully but still having trouble with 'update_uboot'. Switch still doesn't seem to be able to see the TFTP server when in u-boot. Do you know if it's possible to update uboot through the GUI as well? Would primary flash boot sequence be the correct process...
  8. S

Oh, looks like I just had to get into 'configure terminal' first and was able to set username/password. I'm in the GUI. Thanks again @Lone Wolf and @Vesalius!
  9. S

Yeah, I tried those but it was coming back with 'username' and 'aaa' are unrecognized commands. I'll try to make my way through the menus to see if I can find anything else. Thanks for the help man!
  10. S

@Lone Wolf, do you remember what username/password you used to get into the gui? None of the default options I'm finding online have worked.
  11. S

I'm a bit out of my element here so any help is very much appreciated!
  12. S

Been hitting a bit of a wall here setting up my 6450. Switch didn't recognize command 'factory' so did the following: enable erase startup-config reload Can't seem to get the switch to see my TFTP server, and vice versa. Windows Firewall is off. Switch isn't able to ping server or any other...