Search results

1. B

Overkill - Home Server - ZFS, help needed

I'm glad someone was able to make use of that fan shroud. It took a lot of iterations to get the fit just right. My zpool is under a decent load 24/7 so I should be able to give you a pretty decent idea of what the temps will look like under load. My hot swap bay fans are set vary their speed...
  2. B

Overkill - Home Server - ZFS, help needed

I recently built a similar system and I considered mirrors but in the end went with 3x 6 disk Z2 vdevs like you are planning. For my use it was the best balance of performance (6 disks in Z2 is an optimal config) while having an acceptable level of redundancy. I didn't bother with ZIL/ZLOG...
  3. B

Connect X 3 QDR

No. QDR has a maximum link rate of 40Gb/s but due to the data encoding it really ends up being around 32Gb/s. FDR-10 has a link rate of 40Gb/s but has updated encoding that ends up being the full 40Gb/s. FDR - 56Gb/s EDR - 100Gb/s HDR - 200Gb/s NDR - 400Gb/s
  4. B

m.2 to 10G

I am using that same Innodisk EGPL-T101 in my server and I have been happy with the performance so far. It is Aquantia based and did not require any additional drivers with Fedora 36. One thing to note is that the heatsink is pretty tall so I it will probably interfere with a PCIe card if your...
  5. B

Looking for a 24i HBA that plays nice with ZFS

I've been happy with an LSI 9305-24i and it plays nice with ZFS. Supports SAS3 speeds and doesn't cost as much as the newer tri-mode cards. Just make sure to update the firmware to the latest version (16.00.12.00) since it fixes some SAS bus reset issues. I also designed a fan shroud that can...
  6. B

FS Houston Area Pickup Only - x4 Dell R730xd 26 bays and x2 APC UPS SMT2200RM2U (1980W)

Do the fans on those UPS units run all the time? I would like to upgrade to a 2200va unit but would like something that stays quiet.