Search results

1. M

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Yes, I have been using them in a mixed configuration of SAS and SATA drives on the bottom controller only with no problems. (I actually just added my third shelf to my system :) (Chia farm.. (hopefully that doesn't draw any rebuke :)) It is a note that you have to have both power supplies...
  2. M

So as an additional note. The SATA drives only have one port on them, and the SAS drives have two ports on them. The difference in the connectors appears to be that the SATA connector has a physical gap between the power and (primary) data plugs, but the SAS drives do not. And if you look at...
  3. M

A little late, but ledctl works on ubuntu machines Something like sudo ledctl locate=/dev/sdc and then locate_off to turn the LED back off sudo ledctl locate_off=/dev/sdc
  4. M

What is wrong with my drives?

Yes, that fixed it for me too.. must have just been some corrupted data in exactly the wrong spot on the drive.
  5. M

What is wrong with my drives?

Any resolution here ? I have the same symptoms. I have a chia farm with about 45 drives on a SAS host controller. All is working fine. I purchased some drives on ebay that were from a reputable dealer. They all worked fine. Decided to go back for 2 more, and they both have this symptom...
  6. M

HGST 6TB SAS Hard Drive $90 or cheaper ->$50;) - Sold Out -

So to get closure (at least for my part in this tale). I got a SAS cable that ran directly from the HBA to the drive, and use the 5V and 12V only molex style connector for power. (The previous system had several SAS expanders between the HBA and the drive). So no way it could have been the...
  7. M

Thanks for the response :) So the controller does see the drive, and the kernel does recognize it when I insert it into a slot. (this is a chia farm with several drives, and several sas expanders/disk shelves). So I'm pretty confident that it can talk to the interface, it just times out...
  8. M

Has anyone successfully recovered one of the broken drives. I bought 3 on Ebay and they have more listed. HGST HUS726060AL5210 3.5" 6TB 7.2K 12Gbps SAS-3 128MB Server Hard Drive 641676218551 | eBay But all 3 have the "device is NOT READY" problem. Is there a source for the correct firmware...