Search results

1. R

Mellanox CX311A-XCAT - write counter to semaphore: Operation not permitted

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.
  2. R

Good to know firmware version is up-to-date! I'm still concerned that the mstflint tool is unable to work with the device, it's not clear if this is expected or not (unsupported card, etc.) The reason I started looking at Firmware was a due to not getting link light without reinserting...
  3. R

@necr Thanks for the reply. Running msflint 4.13.3 on Ubuntu 20.04 $ sudo mstflint -d mlx4_0 q write counter to semaphore: Operation not permitted write counter to semaphore: Operation not permitted -E- Cannot open Device: mlx4_0. No such file or directory. MFE_CR_ERROR $ sudo ibstat CA...
  4. R

HP T740 Thin PC / Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT / No Link Light

I have an odd issue, need suggestions on troubleshooting. This happens on EVERY boot - cold or warm boot. PC: HP T740 Thin PC Card: Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT CX311A ConnectX-3 Transceivers: Both sides: H!Fiber Multimode SFP+ LC 10GBase-SR (stated Miktotik compatible) I picked these because of...
  5. R

I have several Mellanox CX311A-XCAT, they all seem to be functional. However, in poking around at them trying to see what Firmware they have and if I should update it, I get some unusual results and I'm not sure what it's telling me. Using Ubuntu 20.04.4: $ lspci |grep -i Mellanox 0a:00.0...
  6. R

Introduction to the HP t740 Thin client - the little box that could but better

@WANg - Thanks for the feedback. I picked up 2x32GB 2666 PC4-21300 CL19 SODIMMs and they worked great.
  7. R

Introduction to the HP t740 Thin client - the little box that could but better

@Da_Techie, - Just had a T740 arrive. The specifications on the RAM specifically state "Maximum memory speed (3200MHz) is only supported with single-rank SODIMMs". So I'm on the hunt for 2x32GB single-rank but it seems vendors (Newegg / Microcenter) don't bother to state what the rank is...