Search results

1. S

Think I have a faulty Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G CPU but I cannot return. Trying to decide which CPU and where to buy it for replacement for X570D4U-2L2T

I could take out the NVMe drives, boot to a Linux live disk and let it run idle. Frustrating I have to wait 7 days for this to crop up again. :rolleyes:
  2. S

Think I have a faulty Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G CPU but I cannot return. Trying to decide which CPU and where to buy it for replacement for X570D4U-2L2T

Hello, thanks for your response. I am on NVME in mirrored configuration for boot OS. The server is completely idle in a temperature controlled space and without warning reboots after about 7 days of just idle, nothing happening, no services running, so temps are not increasing from ambient...
  3. S

Thanks for the response. A Ryzen 7 PRO 5750G? Looks to be pretty good. Not sure where I can buy one though right now :confused:
  4. S

Long story short. I've been trying to narrow down instability in a server build I have. I've turned off overclocking in the BIOS, performed memtest, Prime95 for 24 hours and they pass just fine. But if I just let the server sit, idle, for about 7 days or so, it randomly reboots itself. No...
  5. S

Removed HBA and installed RAID controller, no WebBIOS prompt

I went ahead and read back to replies of people when I thought I had a working controller and I went and downloaded the MegaRAID Storage Manager and was able to see the controller in there and setup my RAID configuration. Thank you all for your help. I think this wraps this up and if I need...
  6. S

Hello all, back again :) I installed the PERC H730 RAID Controller into the server and it's detected and the server boots into Windows and shows in device manager. Success! I'm trying to download the latest OMSA software but Dell support wants me to put in the service tag but I do not have one...
  7. S

This was my original plan to have TrueNAS Scale with Windows running as a VM. But the network bridge and other container apps that required configuration were clunky for the Windows side. The server primarily will be used as Windows, so we've made the decision to have Server 2019 as the host OS...
  8. S

Moving onto another card. I cannot have a finicky card in this server. I worked with the eBay seller and they gave me a refund. No need to return card. I've already ordered a *NEW* PERC H730 to be delivered early next week. Wish me luck with this one! :D
  9. S

I've tried the Ctrl+R but it doesn't go into that interface. The server locks up completely at the screenshot I posted. I can't get it to boot windows. Just locked up. I'm going to try the card in a different computer.
  10. S

Quick question (let me know if I should start a new thread for this). Just can't seem to catch a break with these cards :) I purchased the H170P and received it, put it in. BIOS detects the card, but when it starts its initializing, it shows this on the screen (see attached). The system is...
  11. S

Amazon return :D I'm done with this card now. Resetting BIOS shouldn't matter as if I put the HBA back in same slot it works fine and shows. I'm still open for suggestions on another RAID controller sub $400-$500 that is newer and has the community stamp of approval :)
  12. S

That makes sense :D searching for 9271 card, but 9280 is the correct one? Sorry, much confuse :)
  13. S

This is result of lspci on Linux Live boot: 00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1630 00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1631 00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1632 00:01.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc...
  14. S

Yeah, I feel that I'm getting to know more about this card, it's quite old. I'm coming into this kinda blind. I haven't worked with RAID controllers much since mid-2000s so no idea what is the tried and true or what is new and best for the value. RAID controllers I used back in the day didn't...
  15. S

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to find the download, but their site is just not very intuitive for getting the software. https://www.broadcom.com/support/download-search You'd think they would have dedicated links for their main RAID manager software?
  16. S

Hi All, A while ago I purchased a LSI 9211-8i setup for HBA. I was testing TrueNAS and the card was working fine for this, no problems. HBA did drive scans on boot and all that expected stuff. Now the server is being purposed for Windows Server, so I bought a LSI MegaRAID 9271-8i. It...