Search results

1. S

purpose of cable 1 sff-8088 to 4 sff-8088

That cable splits out one SAS lane from the source device connector to each of the four "breakout" connectors. (see the PDF linked under the Downloads/Documents tab on that page) I have no idea how or even if that would work with a SAS expander, but you'd only get one lane worth of bandwidth...
  2. S

ASRock EP2C602(-4LD/16) Fan setup

You might consider adding a Noctua NA-FC1 between your CPU fan signal and your fan hub. NA-FC1
  3. S

Dell H330 with RES3TV360 - not working

Do you have directpdmapping enabled? Dell PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC) Command Line Interface (CLI) Reference Guide
  4. S

LSI 9361-8i no Raid 5 / 6 Licence where to get LSI Advanced Software option

Were they advertised as genuine? If so, that should justify a refund.
  5. S

I would suggest a call to Avago/Broadcom. They might be able to point you in the right direction.
  6. S

Do the VID and PID from device manager match to a genuine card? Should be 0x1000 and 0x005D.
  7. S

Are they legit LSI/Avago/Broadcom controllers or reflashed from an OEM adapter? Mine shows RAID 5 and RAID 6 as Factory Installed.
  8. S

Power Question

More likely because you plugged the 8-pin PCIe power connector from the P/S into the 8-pin CPU power connection on the MB. I still can't figure out how you did that since they are keyed totally different.
  9. S

Power Question

Doesn't your P/S have a 24-pin connector? (Edit: No it doesn't, I just looked) Yes, a standard PC type power supply is what you need for the motherboard. The one you have is only for powering the multiple GPUs in a mining rig.
  10. S

Power Question

The 24-pin power connector next to the SATA ports needs a 24-pin power connection from the P/S. Looks like you only have an 8-pin connector attached to it?
  11. S

LSI CacheVault?

Yes, Intel RES3FV288.
  12. S

LSI CacheVault?

I'm using both CacheVault and CacheCade with a 9361-8i. No problems with it.
  13. S

No disks found on AOC-SAS2LP-H8IR

The cable you linked to is a reverse breakout cable. It's used to connect a controller card with 4 individual SATA connectors to a backplane with a SFF-8087 connector. You need a forward breakout cable.
  14. S

24x 2.5 600GB sas drives in 5.25 bays CMStormTrooper

There are no provisions for mounting screws on the sides of that, so probably not designed for mounting in 2 x 5.25" bays.
  15. S

24x 2.5 600GB sas drives in 5.25 bays CMStormTrooper

According to SuperMicro, 15mm drives fit. FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.
  16. S

LSI 9361-8i help and information required.

What you'd need is a LSICVM02 CacheVault kit which comes with the flash cache board, super capacitor power supply, supercap mount, and required cables. I would not enable writeback without it.
  17. S

Supermicro X10SL7-F + Intel RST

Does the C222 chipset require the RSTe driver? My C612 chipset Supermicro board did. Download Intel® RSTe AHCI & SCU Software RAID driver for Windows*
  18. S

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

The MegaRAID SAS 9361-16i is up on LSI/Avago/Broadcom website: MegaRAID SAS 9361-16i Next-Generation High Port Count SAS RAID The Avago MegaRAID® SAS 9361-16i, with sixteen internal ports in a lowprofile form factor, delivers two 1.2GHz PowerPC processor cores and a 72-bit DDR3 interface that...
  19. S

[FYI] LSI 9361 with RES3FV288

The RAID controller and SAS expander are both just plugged in to normal PCIe slots, and connected using the two short SFF-8643 cables that came with the RES3FV288.