Search results

1. C

Using a 24-port backplane for 8 SATA, 8 SAS, and 8 U.2

Perfect form factor and count but I'm still confused in general about the SATA ports on the back (on this and the SAS3-*TQs) - will these be able to carry 12gb/s? If they can, then what's the point of the SAS3-*TQ backplane line if the SAS-*TQ backplanes already support all that is needed?
  2. C

This seems like the way to go. Is it possible to physically "stack" 3 of these TQ backplanes in the front 24 bays, or will some tape be necessary?
  3. C

How about the BPN-SAS3-846EL2? Ditching the NVMes, will 4*2 SAS3 on the first two lanes (coming from a Broadcom SAS3008) and 4*2 SATA on the other two (coming directly from the mobo) work, or do I still need another HBA?
  4. C

If I only use 4/6 ports on the two lanes that don't have NVMe ports, will my speed still be limited or will I get full throughput? What about on the lane that shares 2 NVMe ports?
  5. C

With the memory model I'm using for my server, I need an array of 8 SATA3, SAS3, and U.2 drives. The SATA drives will be JBOD, SAS in RAID 0 thru a card, and the u.2s in software RAID 0. The BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8 seems to fit this need perfectly (and fit in my CSE-847), but I just wanted to make...