Search results

1. L

10Gig and Win 11 - ConnectX 2 Driver Issues

For what it’s worth, I picked up a Intel x520-da2 with a transceiver for 22 bucks on eBay. Looks like it’s supported in the Intel driver package.
  2. L

Hmm, I thought that was not supported by Win 11. From what I read the oldest is the X4, but good to know yours is working.
  3. L

Hi - TLDR; I am building a new PC due to some hardware failures, and I will be going Win 11 vs 10 which I currently have. I run a ConnectX 2 on my desktop and one in truenas to get a 10 gig link - this has been working great. Problem is, I figured I would confirm the X2 would work in Win 11, and...
  4. L

X10SRi-F and NVME Boot, Possible?

Well… that’s embarrassing. Thank you.
  5. L

Hmm, this is a good question. I have a feeling it’s a UEFI related issue. But I will confirm and report back shortly.
  6. L

or @RolloZ170 Sorry to necro a very old thread, but I have ran into an issue with my setup. I have happily been running a single nvme boot drive with the AOC-SLG3-2M2 on my X10SRi-F for over a year - its been great as a proxmox host. Today I finally decided to migrate to a mirrored boot...
  7. L

IPMI Update - No more preview/missing lots of info

I did try this, yes. Didn’t make any difference. It did initially give me warning, but maybe I’ll try and go into setting to allow it explicitly? Hmm, didn’t think of that, maybe I’ll give this a shot first.
  8. L

Oh.... hmm. It is a browser issue. I tried Chrome and Firefox to no avail, but figured I would try good ol IE just to see and it works fine... Um, hmm. I guess I will pivot my question to any idea why that would be? Chrome and Firefox not wanting to load whatever java stuff is needed?
  9. L

I am certainly a noob to all things IPMI as I only just got my "new" X10SRi-f, but I went through and updated everything that was out of date as I will need newer BIOS then it had to boot from NVMe, and my IPMI webUI is now missing a lot of info, its not even reporting what user is logged in or...
  10. L

I ended up snagging two on eBay for 40 bucks each, one for each box. Thanks for the help, now I guess I need to research what redrivers are (even if this doesn’t have it) as I am just curious what that even is… Server world has all sorts of new fun terminology and technologies I have not...
  11. L

I wouldn’t try chinesium… I’d at least go with a name that is know like Silverstone, and I didn’t know alphacool had them as well. Hmm, if you can expand in this, there may be value in getting this vs a standard card… I would think bifurcation would be to allow both slots to work, correct...
  12. L

I mean…. Money is money, keeping more of it in your pocket is always the smart play….. Also, I built this for way less then a grand. A 50 dollar PCIe riser would be almost 15% of the cost. Not trying to claim that as “expensive”, but hey, money in your pocket beats money wasted.
  13. L

That’s for the info! Oh that’s fantastic, they actually make a first party card. Any idea if any NVMe riser board (silver stone makes one for half the price) would work? Not that 50 bucks on eBay is an excessive price, but 25 bucks is a pretty good value.
  14. L

Hi guys, I am not very familiar with how NVMe is handled for booting, but I just ordered a X10SRi-F for a homelab upgrade and figured if I can get a PCIe card to slot a NVMe SSD into, I’d prefer this for my proxmox host and it’s VM’s over a SATA ssd. That said, I don’t fully understand how to...
  15. L

Homelab Upgrade

Oh... seeing as you do have one. Any reason to think the RAM I got wouldn't work? 2Rx4 2133 I believe is what it is called - sorry, I am a desktop PC builder, there is a lot of new terminology here that I am just not familiar with.
  16. L

Homelab Upgrade

I also wouldn't call it "new", but the price is right for our needs. A buddy of mine is running a Dual socket 1366 setup that just turns lots of electricity into heat, and not much else.... I am running a i3 6100. The main use case for these is homelab type work, we both run truenas virtualized...
  17. L

Homelab Upgrade

Hmm, well, I did just order the mobo and CPU a few hours ago, and I ended up going with a E5-2660 v4. Forgive me for not understanding, but why would I have needed a v3? The mobo supposedly supports 2600 V4, up to 22 cores and 55mb cache which the 2660 v4 is well under at 14 cores and 35 mb...
  18. L

Homelab Upgrade

Hi guys! First time poster here - I am looking to finally upgrade my ESXi homelab. I have been running on a HPE Proliant i3 6100 based system for a while, and its just not meeting my needs any longer. I am looking at something a few generations old but still relatively current. I am currently...