Search results

1. S

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

I was looking for a similar AMD system, but there was nothing on the used market, and there is nothing now... I also have no possibility of testing one of those AMD mini PCs. I found a couple of new AMD systems from HP, but the prices are simply crazy! I could buy at least two used Dells with...
  2. S

Just as an update I played with three DELL systems for the whole past week: Dell 5070 Micro / i5-9500T / 16GB RAM DDR4 Dell 3050 Micro / i5-7400T / 16GB RAM DDR4 Dell 7040 Micro / i5-6500T / 16GB RAM DDR4 Monitor: AOC U3277FWQ (4K 60Hz). The same cable for all systems. The same WD Red 256GB...
  3. S

I will test it next week at the office. Maybe I will prepare the Ubuntu live USB and some other distro. Also next week I will get my hands on Dell 5070 Micro i5-9500T. Colleague has one and will borrow it for couple of days so I can perform tests with my own SSD. I will update this thread once...
  4. S

I know :P , but will I get the "real" graphic experience this way? Will the live mode use the same graphic drivers as a normal installation?
  5. S

At the office all of the units are gen 5 and 6. I tested couple of them on Win10 Pro and saw exactly the same behavior. I also played with the performance and set everything to max. I was also looking into the scaling option in Win10 and there was a small performance difference between 150% and...
  6. S

Thanks for your input :) This is exactly what I encountered. Right now we are also struggling with choosing new tiny/mini desktops. We would like to replace all monitors with 4K displays, but we are afraid that even the 10th or 11th gen of i5/i7 will show the same behavior. Maybe there is...
  7. S

Sorry for the lack of details! I took one of those units from the office to test it at home. The unit is: Dell OptiPlex 7040M Intel i5-6500T Intel HD 530 (8GB of shared memory) Intel Q170 Chipset 16GB RAM I can't find any information which exact DP standard it supports :/ At home I have two...
  8. S

Of course :) At one point I even assigned 8GB of memory to the GPU and it also did not help ;(
  9. S

Hi, I have a question regarding the Intel integrated graphics and the performance of those GPUs on 4K monitors. I have two DELL 1L computers with 6th and 7th gen Intel CPUs. I installed Win10 Pro and connected one 4K display through DisplayPort. One is the i5-6500T (HD 530 GPU) and the second...