Search results

1. M

pfSense and Brocade - Some routing and layer 3 questions (need help with moving Layer 3 to switch)

Ok, thanks very much for your suggestions and help! It seems a bit complicated in my setup to get this done. Since my pfSesne is already doing the routing between the VLANs and also acts as a DHCP server for the clients i think i may try a different approach. I also have docker containers with...
  2. M

pfSense and Brocade - Some routing and layer 3 questions (need help with moving Layer 3 to switch)

vlan 2 name Mgmt by port tagged ethe 1/1/1 to 1/1/4 untagged ethe 1/1/23 router-interface ve 2 ! vlan 11 name "Management Network" by port tagged ethe 1/1/1 to 1/1/5 ethe 1/1/48 router-interface ve 11 ! vlan 20 name "Server Network" by port tagged ethe 1/1/1 to 1/1/4 ethe 1/1/48 untagged ethe...
  3. M

Im using the R version: UNIT 1: compiled on Apr 23 2020 at 10:57:06 labeled as ICX64R08030u (9871112 bytes) from Primary ICX64R08030u.bin SW: Version 08.0.30uT313
  4. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hi guys. I opened a new thread regarding some L3 questions and moving parts or all of my inter VLAN routing tfrom pfSense to the switch. If you have time to help, heres the link. Thanks...
  5. M

Hey together, was lucky to get an ICX6450 for cheap and already switched from my old switch to the new one. Everything is working with the old setup, but i want to change some things related to routing VLANS in my Network. What is set up right now: - pfSense Firewall/Router with different...
  6. M

Thanks, i will check if i can get them there.
  7. M

I'm searching for Service Manuals and Schematics for the ICX7250 POE Version Switch. Does anybody know where i can find these? Ive seen a defective switch where one MOSFET in the intermediate circuit of the power supply exploded, also one Capacitor is damaged by the explosion. I may get it if i...
  8. M

Call me lucky, shot a ICX6450-48 today for just 30 bucks. Looking forward to eat some beef :D
  9. M

OK, I will do that after I got one. I have some 6450 and also some 7250 in my Watch list. Hopefully I can Grab one of the 7250 for a reasonable price. Downside is i would have to pay 70$ of parcel. But maybe I can get one of the 7250 for 180$ including parcel.
  10. M

One question about fan modding on the ICX6450: Ive read something about newer firmware which doesnt support alternative fans anymore here: https://brocade.fandom.com/wiki/7250 So, is this true or is there a workaround for it? There are those Sunon silent fans ive seen in another video about...
  11. M

Thanks for the hint! I will do it after finishing my Dominican cigar and Champagne :D Wish you a nice New years eve! Edit: Damn, i could kick my ass that i didnt find this earlier.... Going to setup a Dell R210ii as my Router and a 6450 as my home network setup. So i can get rid of my pfsense...
  12. M

Hi guys, i wish you a nice new years eve :) So, i just found this awesome thread about those nice affordable switches and immediately started searching for some on ebay. I've found some icx6450-48 switches, but in the product description they say the switches only have 2x10gbe sfp+, so i...