Search results

1. T

ESXi Network help

So, I have a Dell R620 running ESXi. I have two network cables coming into different NICs, each one on it's own network. I am trying to set up ESXi to run a webserver and a Kemp load balancer. now, in my home network, I have two LANs comming off a PFsense box, one connects to my VPN and its...
  2. T

Kemp load balancer

So, I tried to get fancy and have messed up somewhere and I am not sure where. basic rundown of the important part of my home network. I have a dell r620 running PF sense as my router. I have two lans on that 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24. I had previously been running an Http web server...
  3. T

TrueNAS home NAS setup zPool recommendation

Hello, so, I am trying to figure out if I understand ZFS and how I should go about setting up TrueNAS. My current hardware is A dell poweredge R720XD, that has 2 SATA boot SSDs on the rear backplane in one mirror and then 24 drive bays in the front I intend to populate with 1TB SAS drives. I was...
  4. T

Booting RAID 1 TrueNAS on Dell R720XD

So, Recently I picked up a dell R720XD for a good deal, and I am waiting for my drives to come in to use it as a home NAS. I planned on using truenas with a raidz2 setup using Dell SAS drives and to boot off a raid1 setup using the rear back-plane on the 720xd for a pair of SATA SSDs. In doing...