Search results

1. Y

PCIe 6-pin/8-pin from Supermicro CSE-846 power distribution board

Supermicro support responded and confirmed, what we knew, that the PDB-PT846-8824 does not support PCIe 6-pin/8-pin. They recommended me the PDB-PT747-4648 to gain the PCIe support. (as @NablaSquaredG suggested in the first reply to this thread) ;-) The main reason is that I'm not that...
  2. Y

Indeed, that's the idea I have as well... I've finally been able to identify my PDB to a PDB-PT846-8824 but all I can find about it on Supermicro's site is that it's a "24-pin x8 power distributor" and the following table (from...
  3. Y

Yeah, it will be something like that, I think :-)
  4. Y

I'll see what the support guys come back with .. maybe there's an "easier" option compared to modding :) Ah, you misunderstood me .. the parts in question is the added cables/connectors etc. that I'd need.
  5. Y

Thanks @RolloZ170 ... I'm also waiting for Supermicro support to get back to me what this PDB could be (based on case serial). Will also start ordering the necessary materials for the modifications... This will be fun! ;-)
  6. Y

Alright, gotcha @RolloZ170 ... and thanks @NablaSquaredG In conclusion, if I'm going to modify my PDB, I can add-on new 12V cables to the same place where the, already existing, motherboard 8-pin's 12V is soldered to the PDB. Right? To make sure, would that location also be "strong enough" for...
  7. Y

Indeed, that's why I've discarded that idea too ... (but the cables DO exist) ATX S-ATA is about 54W max 1.5A per 12V cable (3 of them) and for an PCIe 8-pin (150W) I'll need 4.2A per 12V cable (3 of them). I don't have any existing PCIe 8-pin on my PDB, that's the problem. .. or do you mean...
  8. Y

Thanks .. Interesting that it only carries 1 rail though. But maybe it helps as it makes it less important where to hook in the new cables :cool: Seems like it's PDB-PT846-2824 that closest resembles the one I have (pic below) but it's hard to make out. (from eBay) Thanks .. and I have no...
  9. Y

Hey, Don't have any ready pictures of the case but I've attached a picture of the board in its place. Perhaps that could be useful?
  10. Y

Hi guys, new to the forums. I'm working to install 2x graphics cards in my Supermicro CSE-846 case. Unfortunately the Power Distributor board (ABLECOM 03573-0100-16F) doesn't have any 6-pin / 8-pin PCIe connectors and I'm looking for any information/specifications that might lead me to be...