Search results

1. T

Strange SFF-8643 connector with 3 "stripes"

Hi. I bought a SFF-8643 to SFF-8482 cable and now when i was going to use it, i cant insert the sff-8643 end of the cable in to the socket on the raid controller. looking closer at the cable, this one have on the 8643 end of the connector, the side opposite of the locking tab there is 3...
  2. T

Supermicro X11SSH-CTF memory issues

Xeon E3 and yes most likely processor doesn't have enough adress lines for single rank 16gb
  3. T

16gb dual rank memory sticks worked out just fine. 16gb single rank does not work at all, multibit ecc errors and memtest86+ getting stuck. My guess is that since 16gb is max of what can be used (4 slots for a total of 64gb ram) perhaps there is a hardware limitation or similar with the...
  4. T

The two 8gb modules i got is single rank. I guess i will buy a set of two 16gb modules KSM26ED8/16HD and see if they work (+return the two non working modules 16gb single rank) hopefully they work well with my two existing 8gb sticks, if not then i have to buy two more matching 16gb sticks. If...
  5. T

Looking at kingston memory tool, i see they are actually recommending a different type of memory (should have looked at it earlier) They recommend: KSM26ED8/16HD and then one i got is KSM26ES8/16ME specs: https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KSM26ED8_16HD.pdf This one is dual rank, can someone...
  6. T

those two i2c pins is already on position 2-3 (it is the default apparently)
  7. T

will try those jumpers, did some googling yesterday and found some pointers to those with a raid controller card having to tape over the two pciexpress pins for i2c to get the memory working. my mainboard got the raid controller built in so no possibility of doing that but there is those two...
  8. T

Yes, that's what i suspect as well. The two sticks of 16gb was bought via amazon. But just wanted to be sure the specs on them was good, mainboard manual says: " The X11SSH-CTF/TF supports up to 64 GB of DDR4 ECC UDIMM 2400MHz memory in four DIMM slots" And running memory at a little lower...
  9. T

Hi, i need some help because i've run into a memory related problem and i can't figure out why it is not working. With above mainboard i bought two 8g memory sticks, Kingston KSM26ES8/8HD and this worked just fine. Then i realized i needed some more memory so i bought two sticks of Kingston...