Search results

1. C

Brocade VDX 6740

Any options out there on replacing the fans to something quieter ?? I have mine up and running okay - but would love to swap out the fans for a quieter experience. what are the specs on these things ?
  2. C

Brocade VDX 6740

I got the pair for $300 - so I cannot complain about them. It is just a little different than other switches I have workd on. My background is on the enterprise level server side and these are not nearly as loud as my IBM Power Systems that runs AIX and IBMi - WHen I power those puppies up...
  3. C

Brocade VDX 6740

Thanks everyone for their input....... Apparently when I refresh the VCS cluster back to default settings I did not redo the uplink on port one of switch one. It got set back to default and I missed that as I was focused on switch2's configuration. Now I am all good - and all I did was leave...
  4. C

Brocade VDX 6740

I moved the 40GB to port51 and left everything default. Now I show two fabric ISL links - I still cannot get out of the switch. show fabric isl Rbridge-id: 2 #ISLs: 2 Src Src Nbr Nbr Index Interface Index Interface Nbr-WWN BW...
  5. C

Brocade VDX 6740

I agree - the reason I said ISL is that the Mode still shows as ISL for the port. sw0# show int stat -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Port Status Mode Speed Type Description...
  6. C

Brocade VDX 6740

A little more background - because the first time I tried to disable ISL I ended up in a split brain VCS fabric where each side saw the other as offline and themselves online - So I connected a 10GB for the fabric ISL so I could shutdown the port and reconfigure to the settings it has - I...
  7. C

Brocade VDX 6740

This is the settings on the port sw0# show run int fo 1/0/49 interface FortyGigabitEthernet 1/0/49 no fabric isl enable no fabric trunk enable switchport switchport mode trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan all switchport trunk tag native-vlan spanning-tree shutdown no shutdown
  8. C

Brocade VDX 6740

Okay I now have two working 6740 s and I connected them together with the 40Gb link. It showed up as an ISL link - running at 40GB and is connected. show vcs showed both the switches had joined together. However, it is as though there is no network traffic moving between them. IN just...
  9. C

Aruba AP to IAP

I know the 325 can as I did that a few months back - you will need a controller to do that - I built a VM for that and used a TEMP license you can download the VM version from Aruba online and I think you get 30 days without a license. The process works great and they are all up and running.
  10. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I just received a VDX 6740 - Rethinking that I might have taken the wrong pill here - Either way I am going to get to learn something out of it. I have a pair of them - pretty clean units - only has the 16 Licenses for 10Gb would like to hear about options please.
  11. C

Aruba AP to IAP

Okay I found this forum the hard way - I have a group of AP325 and also a few IAP-325 I upgrade the AP325 to 8.6 and as I have no controller I did the upgrade via TFTP server with no issues - so now I have an upgraded 8.6 version that still loops looking for its controller. Now here is an...