Search results

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

If you're referring to the PCI-E slot then I used SKU 5M10U50350 for my P360 and modified it to accommodate a different NIC. There are a few different official baffles you can use and the best choice really depends what you intend to mount in the slot.
  2. A

Heck yeah! That's great news! Good luck with the rest of the project :)
  3. A

You can try enabling unsupported SFPs in Openwrt but I suspect this will not be something that can be worked around by the operating system, you would likely have the same problem in OPNsense etc. It's safe to update the firmware on the AOC-STG-i4S but this is unlikely to solve the...
  4. A

I don't have much experience with Openwrt, I might be more help with OPNsense, but I believe you can look through the logs/dmesg in Openwrt to see the same kind of output. Look for warnings around unsupported SFPs like in this thread: Unsupported SFP ixgbe
  5. A

It's just the AOC-STG-i4S, it's picky. I would wager (but not promise) that this aftermarket SFP would work fine as a direct replacement to the Skylane SBU35020DR3D000, though you might want to double check with FS themselves: https://www.fs.com/uk/products/74514.html?attribute=10432&id=200849...
  6. A

That doesn't appear to be a GPON SFP thankfully, as that would complicate things enormously. I don't know about supporting unsupported SFPs in Windows, but in BSD you set hw.ix.unsupported_sfp=1 in /boot/loader.conf.local, and in Linux I think you might have to add it to the GRUB config for it...
  7. A

I've found my AOC-STG-i4S quite particular with the SFPs it accepts, even when you ensure the operating system is allowing unsupported SFPs. I'm using some generic coded ones, but others I have needed to be coded as Intel in order to work. What is the make and model of the SFP you are having...
  8. A

Glad I could help. Let us know how it goes! You might want to get the firmware upgraded on the AOC-STGN-i2S after it arrives too. You'll need to contact Supermicro directly to get the correct firmware image/tooling etc as it doesn't use stock Intel firmware.
  9. A

This is a SFP-10GM-T from FS.com, they actually leant me one of their FS-BOX-V3 units to recode it myself when it appeared that the Generic coded version wouldn't work. Not affiliated with them but I have been using their products for very many years and can vouch for their quality and the...
  10. A

The result... not too bad! Considering there is no airflow over the card, no modification to the case, and the computer itself is inside a TV cabinet. Reading 60ºC on the chipset heatsink and 42ºC on the cage where the SFP-10GM-T resides. I even took the SFP out to check, and the temperature...
  11. A

The RJ45 end appears to be auto negotiated only, I'm not aware of any mechanism to control anything that happens within the SFP module itself. If you wanted it to run at a specific speed then you could always manually set the speed of the interface it's connected to. The SFP module does get...
  12. A

I'm not aware of any validation of PCI-E cards? I have a P360, so not the same model, but my AOC-STG-i4S has been working just fine without any modifications to it or the computer. Something to consider is that the AOC-STGN-i2S/AOC-STG-i4S use the Intel XL710 chipset which means the SFP ports...
  13. A

Make sure the firmware on the card is up to date, you'll need to contact Supermicro to get hold of it. Also try a DAC cable one a a time in either SFP slot just to rule out some sort of fault with those. What DAC cables are you using (make/model)?
  14. A

I'm very interested to know this too. I haven't put mine into "production" yet so to speak but with a 4xSFP+ card I am concerned. I am also still trying to engineer ways to monitor the temperature too if anyone has any ideas?
  15. A

You need to approach their support department directly, via email is best and I have found their European team the most helpful by far. Message them at Support_Europe@supermicro.com and request the firmware package for the AOC-STGN-I2S and they'll send you a private link. The package contains...
  16. A

Reference to TcpIpFlowCleaner in the second screenshot makes me think to focus on the AOC-STGN-I2S NIC. Is that running the latest firmware? You'll need to get that directly from SuperMicro, you mustn't use the Intel NVM update tool. Running the latest firmware will allow you to use much newer...
  17. A

Unrelated to the ongoing NAS mod discussion, I wanted to share my experience with adding PCI-E connected RS232 for NTP PPS input. USB bus is no good for PPS due to timing issues and having a way to have a serial connection directly via PCI-E is a must. Unlike the COM ports P tiny models before...
  18. A

The X710 chipset on this card does not support 10BASE/100BASE speeds! If you have an SFP that supports 10/100/1000 then it should be able to operate at 1000 but not lower. Equally, if you have an SFP+ that is 1000/10000 then you should be able to manually set negotiation speed at either.