Search results

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You need to pick the right fan for your model of ICX-6610, meaning rear or front exhausting. If you're not aware of the type of your model, the device should have a relatively large green sticker indicating the direction of the fan (E or I). The 1000W power supply supports POE. Search for these...
  2. J

Hahaha. That's what I was thinking writing all of that down. "Full of enthusiasm, but not very professional" - at work. I obviously arrived at the current state after failing at the initial attempts. Yes, in case of confirming connections are live. (I think) no, when validating that I test...
  3. J

No. That's really cool, but not the thing I try to solve. Lemme explain. I manage a somewhat suped-up home network, full of enthusiasm, but otherwise very not professional. It has multiple VLANs (say, one for untrustworthy IoT devices, one for management e.g. to prevent the kids hacking into...
  4. J

I want to provide a quick update on progress of my effort of enabling automated testing and deployment to ICX switches. At this point I have created scripts that test accessibility against an increasing number of end points on my home network and report success/fail for each VLAN. This provides...
  5. J

Looks good to me. Also, check if the show log command brings up anything related/useful. Next, I'd try connecting your AP using another cable, to another port, again monitoring activity with show log.
  6. J

Check the status of your POE module. SSH@ICX6610#show chassis The stack unit 1 chassis info: Power supply 1 (AC - PoE) present, status ok Model Number: 23-0000141-02 Serial Number: 61L Firmware Ver: C ... and SSH@ICX6610#show module Module...
  7. J

Took a little while, but this works. #!/usr/bin/expect -f ## Sypnosis: run_script.exp <ICX_IP> <ICX_SCRIPT> ## Run script <ICX_SCRIPT> line by line on ICX <ICX_IP>. Connection via SSH certificate assumed. set ICX_IP [lindex $argv 0] set ICX_SCRIPT [lindex $argv 1] set timeout 15 spawn ssh...
  8. J

Awesome. This, or rather something similar, is what I am looking for. Strictly speaking, you have a pull configuration, right? Or did you find a way to initiate the copy command from outside of the switch? I am looking for a push configuration, where I can develop in git and push configuration...
  9. J

I read both the manual as well a the command reference. Even in the last millennium it was pretty common for a paging app to adjust its behavior to terminal size and not be hard coded to 23 lines. If it did I think I'd not comment on it. But in 2023, where 4k displays are a common thing, a...
  10. J

SSH@ICX6610#sh pid Version Number: 0000 Part Number: 84-1003347-01 Serial Number: 2ax5o2jk68e Bench test: Passed Burnin test: Passed Test Date: 02/03/18 Date of manufacture at CM: 02/24/18 Date received at factory: 02/24/18 Date of burn in: 02/03/18 Mfg Test: RMA Date: 00/00/00 RMA Info: LID...
  11. J

Received my ICX6610 a couple of days ago. I actually invested in a "factory new" unit. Assumed benefit is a couple of years of less wear on fans and other components. It's quite surprising (to me) finding "factory new" unit after that model has officially been EOL'ed for 5 years. I do appreciate...
  12. J

In @fohdeesha 's zip file there is a folder called "ICX6xxx manuals". Look for the file called "fastiron-08030p-commandref.pdf". Look in document "fastiron-08030mb-l3guide.pdf" on page 46ff for "changing the MTU".
  13. J

I had the hardest time wrapping my head around the section above, probably because eBay listings have long since expired. Allow me to suggest the following links to add 8 additional 10gb LC ports in an additional 1U: Brocade XBR-000232 (~$7) QSFP MPO/MTP 8F to 4x LC Fiber Optic Breakout Cable...
  14. J

Is Linux-bench still being used?

Sorry - noob trying out a new benchmark and getting stuck. https://linux-bench.com/ (65.19.142.21) seems to be down, while at least http://beta.linux-bench.com/index/ (65.19.142.18) is still up. The docker image fails as a result as it tries to download stuff from linux-bench.com...