Search results

1. B

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

I got a reply of them saying that "This is the most original version of BIOS, and nothing has been modified." if that is the case, what is the point of a new bios? i replied accordingly and i will reply here if i get a new response. Either way i dont pass it in my MS-01 of course.
  2. B

Guys a question.. anyone managed to update the firmware on the x710 intel card? and if yes how he did it? i ask because i have small troubles with the sriov and maybe its the firmware version or the proxmox driver.... thx
  3. B

I just sent a mail to support@minisforum.com asking for a changelog. My MS-01 works fine except some quirks but its rock solid. I dont want to pass something that maybe will reduce any ability or anything for the general sake of stability, i have been there and done that so i am cautious.
  4. B

Pci Passthrough to Windows VM the whole usb3 controller. I end it up buying as i said in a previous post a multiplexer card (2 x NVME) where in the 1st slot i poped in an M2 renesas usb3 controller and a m2 to pcie for the GFX card. After this i was able to passthrough for example a simple usb...
  5. B

i have the same problem in my machine, whichever of the 2 controllers i passthrough to a VM (usb3 or usb4), no matter where i plug anything in the whatever usb in the machine, the device appears in the VM with the passthrough controller. In specific i passthrough the USB3 controller of the...
  6. B

Guys i had said before i wanted to put my MS-01 to a bigger box and i finally did it In specific i bought this case Raijintek Ophion Mini Tower. The reason for this case was after extensive searching, that it had the motherboard almost in the center of the box and with that you are able to have...
  7. B

There must be no problems especially if you disable in the bios everything that has the work "ASPM". I dont use CEPH but i do replication only to another 3nd party brand machine with a 3nd machine as Quorum. No problems at all what so ever with HA and everything. You must forget using imo the...
  8. B

For this reason i bought a cheap Radeon 6400 because no matter what i tried to passthrough the igpu in my windows VM, i always got error 43 throw proxmox and all the hypervisors. Its an intel drivers problem.
  9. B

Oh sorry m8, i thought this will be the fix for you since many did that with cards that wasnt play nice to the ms-01 and after the tape they worked. Hmmm maybe you can try ASPM off in the bios for the pci port?
  10. B

Myne idles with 2 NVME and 1 U2 PM983 at 35W... but i have in bios ASPM off to be sure that i dont get anything crazy in proxmox. My VMs have in normal conditions the CPU at 3-4% ... So why i am so high in consumption?
  11. B

Try to put tape on the smbios pins in the card. Many cards needed this fix to play correctly. Minisforum is aware of the problem and they suggested this solution. More info here
  12. B

Getting vPro remote KVM working on Minisforum MS-01

The times that did work for you, do you remember what you did? i just mount the iso.. i say reboot to the machine and finito.... it popup up and let me connect again after much time where the iso is unmounted is its a no go for any remote installation.
  13. B

FYI, since i had put the 120mm usb fan under the machine (in the form of a laptop cooler pad), this gave me except the low temps in my 3 NVME's, lower temps in the cpu/gpu also (i have an RX6400 in the machine). I suppose even if the 2 departments top & bottom have the motherboard to block the...
  14. B

This question was asked before and someone replied that if the CPU don't support it, it will never happened and from what i had read on internet this is correct. Only if minisforum add a plx chip in their next hardware this will happen but with ms-01 is not doable. For this reason i bought the 2...
  15. B

I cannot reboot myne atm but i am 99.999999 certain that the setting exist and i have myne in Last State
  16. B

MinisForum MS-01 : heating problem

As long as they are late to the game the worse it is... https://wccftech.com/erying-unveils-b760m-motherboards-with-up-to-core-i9-13900h-95w-cpus-vapor-chamber-cooler/
  17. B

Oh ok... im with you in the overloading things :) the salt of our life....
  18. B

Ouch.. in the life of me i cannot comprehent why on earth a game needs 3x100gbit connections... is the traffic so huge really?
  19. B

I experienced yesterday the problem with the i226-LM for the 1st time. I have as i said previously, Proxmox and nested esxi on top where i tried to passthrough to esxi one of the 10gb cards with no luck so i work with it by passthrough the i226 to esxi and everything is fine. So yesterday i did...
  20. B

MinisForum MS-01 : heating problem

m8 the MS-01 is like a laptop in a USFF form. Its not designed to do 24/7 burn in tests. Who in his right of mind bought MS-01's to melt them in a production environment? i think somehow you have it wrong in your mind.. its a tiny tiny full feature pc that its perfect for AIO Lab needs in our...