Search results

1. C

Help me find a NAS, 10gbps/SSDs

Our partner that supports these is a local company that has deployed hundreds of these and has handled every support case we've had. However as this market has existed for quite some time I was looking for what the alternatives for Synology are nowadays. As mentioned I will read more into...
  2. C

Caching might be a great idea then, I disqualified caching because of Veeam but without that being a factor the speed of M.2s could be really nice. Especially because they use a lot of the same data like product images etc. This way I also dont need to sacrifice 4 HDD slots for SSDs. Which M.2...
  3. C

I should have mentioned were from Europe, introducing American partners isnt something we would wanna do. Our Synology support is covered with our standard IT partner contract. However I will look more into ZFS/Truenas and other linux solutions for the future projects as alot of people are...
  4. C

I want to store our offsite Veeam backups on this too, would that not change the cache overnight and result in the marketings department data being uncached in the morning? I pretty much wanna be sure that their data is always fast. It will help them out a ton. I would get the DS1821+ over the...
  5. C

Hi, the SSDs arent for caching, I was thinking on making 2 volumes, SSD only and HDD only.
  6. C

I am not comfortable enough with ZFS and Linux/etc to support it in a production environment. I'm more aiming for a solution thats a bit more standardized. Licensing/cost/support wise i'd like to stick to some sort of NAS that we can get 5 year warranty on. Our IT partners are likely also not...
  7. C

Hello, I am tasked with upgrading the storage for our marketing department, they work with a lot of Adobe software and their files can become pretty big 10GB+ Currently they are working of a Synology NAS with 4x WD RED Pro 4TB in BTRFS, SHR-1, they are only using about 450GB now (most data is...