Search results

1. P

Proxmox 8 - Fixing Win10 Pro guest VM stalls

Windows 10 Pro "whole" guest stalls/momentarily freezes regularly, even when no load on guest system other than OS. This is driving me nuts and I'd appreciate feedback on how to fix it, or at least how to dig in to get more info for root cause. Host: Proxmox 8.0.4 Kernel 6.2.16-6-pve CPU 2x...
  2. P

M.2 NVMe's on Proxmox: pool vs array vs insanity?!?

I've been wrestling with insanity on this one. I'm trying to find the optimum configuration for raw performance for 3x M.2 NVMe SSDs on my Proxmox server to be used for VM images and containers. For the life of me, I cannot understand the performance numbers I'm getting for various zfs and...
  3. P

Is there any practical advantage to installing a connectx3 card on a router?

I have a supermicro X10SLH with 6x10G RJ45s currently running pfsense as my home/lab router. Soon I will be reinstalling router with OPNsense, so it is a good time to go ahead and populate the router's single PCIe slot with additional interface(s). At the same time, I am also finally adding a...
  4. P

What's your favorite ONIE-installable NOS?

Feel free to skip the long story and jump to the "What's your favorite ONIE-installable Network Operating System?" part. A little while back I decided to take the plunge and start learning the enterprise side of servers and networking, so I picked up some hardware from ebay that was cheapish...
  5. P

Best Practices? for PCIE slot selection to optimize perf with dual/multi proc motherboards...

I have been kicking around this question in my head for a while, but I don't know enough of the low level details to know one way or another and I have limited hardware at the moment so ability to experiment is also limited. So, I thought I'd see what more knowledgeable people think: The...