Search results

1. N

SAS drive medium format corrupted

Yes, i also launch smart long self-test if it completes without error - drive is in good state
  2. N

I never used badblocks, i just using dd read to null, and if grown defect list non zero, i using wdckit with --merge option to merge g-list to p-list.
  3. N

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

I think i found something, i guess BPGNB957 is for generic ssd's. I can try to download it to your ssd
  4. N

Just use wdckit with --fastformat option, and download to drive lastest fw LDGNC400
  5. N

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Sorry guys, i dont have fw for ssd's. And you can't download generic fw ti IBM branded drive
  6. N

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

It mus be possible, or can you extract HITACHI_7K6000_A907.bin from system and download it to new drive
  7. N

HITACHI_7K6000_A907.bin is fw file stored in your system? And it's file can be downloaded to all drives?
  8. N

It's strange, fw shouldn't affect recognizig drive
  9. N

Just update it to AD05 version, it's latest one https://files.hddguru.com/download/Firmware%20updates/Hitachi/APGNAD05.zip
  10. N

D05 is latest version, A, B, C, D is for sas drives, T, W, X for sata drives
  11. N

Here you can find it https://files.hddguru.com/download/Firmware%20updates/Hitachi
  12. N

No, its not possible, why you want OEM firmware? Dell fw have some problems?
  13. N

No, you want't lose data
  14. N

PCGNW870 is yours. And wdckit from here for update fw HDD Firmware Downloads. PC-3000 Support Downloads. Data recovery and HDD repair tools
  15. N

Latest firmware for HGST Helium drives?

I guess drive wouldn't accept generic firmware, but you can try. You can see original firmware name in your drive with wdckit, just use logdump option and open saved file in notepad and find string 'release'
  16. N

WUH721414ALE6L0 Ultrastar DC HC530 to 4096 block size

Yes, it is victoria problem older versions like 4.71 work correct
  17. N

HGST fw filenames scheme is first number next letter an alphabet order, vkgnw9y0 is latest. To find compile date search 'codf' in notepad
  18. N

Help with flashing older HGST/Hitachi drive [H0H72121CLAR12T0/HUH721212AL4200]

You can try LEGNA9Y0, but maybe drive will not accept it