Search results

1. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

A kind of suprise from today. I put my P400 into HP dc7900 SFF which has 2 long PCI-E slots. One is PCI-E x16 and P400 didn't work at all (no blinking LEDs). But the second has the same lenght but is described as PCIE4x on the mainbord, so I assume it is PCI-E x4. And... P400 in this slot works...
  2. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

First, this box I got for free. Second is that I don't want any more powerful machine because of power costs. This is only for elementary home-use. Third I don't need something bigger and more powerful. 3 disks will be enough. 1 for system (ESXi) and 2 disk in RAID1 for so called data. I also do...
  3. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

So, I've tried P400 in HP dc7800 with pin 5 & 6 blocked. Unfortunately nothing positive happened. Still no clue how to force this to work :/
  4. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

OK. Thank's for the link. I think I'll try to block pin 5 and 6 and we'll see :) I'll report.
  5. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

There is only an option to switch off Option ROM Messages but it doesn't help. My curiosity raised because of this post The same thing was with dc7700 - someone posted somewhere on the internet, that he is using dc7700 with P400 and it runs OK. But there are no details about BIOS, firmware and...
  6. K

HP/PMC SA in whitebox

I'm trying to use P400 in HP dc7800 SFF but as far as now no luck :/ It stops after initializing drives and nothing happens. Tried with dc7700, but there is a reboot after initializing drives. No ideas what to do in both cases. Any help? BIOS and firmware latest available.