Search results

1. kayson

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

Has anyone tried modding the M920q bios to support more M.2 drives? With stock bios, two drives connected to PCH will show up in the Device Summary, but only the first is available for boot. I'm guessing M920x bios supports this but not sure if you can just do the flash. There's also a custom...
  2. kayson

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I did notice this when I was playing around with the second m.2 slot. The disk shows up on the first screen, but it doesn't show up in the bios boot order... But I wonder if this could be fixed by flashing an m920x bios?
  3. kayson

Damn look at those curved diff pairs and jogs. This guy knows how to high speed PCB. Soldering on the caps is a little wonky though ;)
  4. kayson

Did you try searching thingiverse and printables?
  5. kayson

There is more info here: DIY Lenovo 2L NAS/小型服务器 P330打印版 - Lin IT (Translation) Looks like they're using the wifi slot and doing M.2 E key => miniPCIE => SFF-8087 => 4x SATA => two 2x SATA Backplanes along with a bunch of 3D printed components. Really clever idea, though at 1x PCIE, they're...
  6. kayson

@j4cbo - where did you find the pinout/layout for the lenovo pci-e riser connector? It's non-standard, right?
  7. kayson

Pull the pin out on the top of the mobo, then squeeze the clips on the bottom and push it out
  8. kayson

Thanks. I think I'll have an easier time printing one myself than searching xianyu :D I did try following that readme once, and it worked, but my logo still didn't show up. I suspect it's because of a format/resolution/file size issue, but haven't been able to find any info on exactly works...
  9. kayson

If you flash the OEM bios, it should get the original logo back
  10. kayson

Thanks! Where did you get the fastener clips? Everything I've found seems way too expensive to be worth it. I was thinking about 3D printing my own
  11. kayson

Got 4 patients prepped for some surgery. I got some chipquik solder paste and I'm hoping paste + heat gun will give me easier and cleaner results than trying to solder 0402's by hand. Plenty of kapton tape to protect the connectors... Wish me luck.
  12. kayson

What do you mean the ethernet link stays down if the port goes down and up? If you disconnect and reconnect the cable, you see the link state in ip link stay DOWN?
  13. kayson

This is awesome! Thank you. I can integrate this into my ansible setup
  14. kayson

Can you point me to what you're talking about? I have linux on all of them but I suppose I could boot into windows to import all the settings if it makes it easier...
  15. kayson

Does anyone know of an easy way to set up bios/vpro settings consistently across 4 m920qs? I would prefer not to do them all by hand...
  16. kayson

I just grabbed the latest bios from the lenovo website and reflashed it and it was fine :) I'll have to try the 8kb limit and see if that was the problem. The script ran ok though.
  17. kayson

What size/format image did you use? I've tried and it flashed successfully but then there was just no image at all on boot
  18. kayson

Someone on Reddit has designed a NIC shroud to help reduce the temps: Printables They're also selling them here:
  19. kayson

What is the best way to implement high capacity redundant and/or distributed storage in a cluster of miny PCs?

You have to periodically do the replication/migration though, right? Like with a cron job?
  20. kayson

What is the best way to implement high capacity redundant and/or distributed storage in a cluster of miny PCs?

Thanks. What about replication for the VM storage? If ceph is overkill and gluster is dying, what other options do I have?