Search results

1. D

Changing block size IBM branded Micron S650DC-800 SSD

If the IBM SSDs locked for formatting, we are wasting time for the reformatting with sg_format, seachest, etc... :( Am I wrong if I say I have two expensive beer coaster? :( My last chance is to get a server with power processor and reformat them from AIX. I've already have AIX iso but to find...
  2. D

Not the ~170 USD makes me sad, what I paid for the 8TB drive. The fact that I can't use a very cheap 8TB SSD :( Moreover it has only two hours and a few MB(!!) TBW... So it's actualy unused... As for the firmware flashing I saw the somebody flash back OEM (seagate) firmware for HP sas drives...
  3. D

Thank for the correction! :) I've just cloned the iprutils git repo. After the build I can run it without any errors, but cant find any controllers/disks :( Do I need to make some extra steps to get it work? I tried with LSI SAS2008 and LSI 3108 also
  4. D

formatUnit not working either, enabled verbose mode to get more info :( Can I flash back it to the OEM (seagate) firmware? When I put the serial number in Seagate's fimware finder it shows me that it's an IBM branded Nytro 3331 SSD and no firmware available. I find an OEM Nytro 3331 model's...
  5. D

I'm just got two IBM SSD drives. One is a Micron S630DC 3.8T (MTFDJAL3T8MBT), the other one is a Seagate Nytro 7.68T (XS7680SE70014). I tried all of the possible methods listen in this topic to format from 528 byte to 512 byte but no success yet :( I'm also tried to format in Avago (LSI)...