Search results

1. M

EU [Sold Out] Intel DC S4500 1.92TB BO : 130€

I think you missed a word. "For those not in EU"
  2. M

recommendations for silent nas chassis - 10+ drives?

Define R6 can fit 11x 3.5" drives if you buy additional trays.
  3. M

800GB Micron 500DC 95 USD

Anybody who bought from the last link that can share SMART data?
  4. M

EU HP DL380e Gen8 E5-2430L 8GB 14x LFF 147 GBP or BO

Depends a lot on your hardware configuration. With the right controllers and drives it should run fairly quiet. With a drive that doesn't show the smart data it wants, anything but quiet.
  5. M

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

I'm using this board with a I/O shield from a X8DTi-F. Which should be a bit easier to find on Ebay etc.
  6. M

X9DRI-LN4F 200 USD Great mobo for V2 cpus

That would be the easiest way. E5 2603/2609 should be cheap. It is possible that you can update BIOS from the IPMI if DHCP is enabled and the password is default (ADMIN:ADMIN). Just connect a Ethernet cable to the lonely RJ45 plug and check DHCP leases in your router for SM485784757 or...
  7. M

SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F

Can somebody confirm that it comes with the heatsinks on the picture?
  8. M

SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F

I don't think that would be an issue as long as I take the risk and cut open the PCIe slot. Similarly to this, just that's it's a x8 slot instead. How to put your unmodded PCI-E x16 card in your spare 1x slot without a riser.
  9. M

SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F

I've read some of the same things. The Define XL R2 should for sure fit though and without having to add any standoffs myself. Also, about the PCI-e slots. From what I've gathered they are PCIe 3.0 x8. So I could try to open one of the slots to use them with a GPU (1060 most likely) and use it...
  10. M

SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F

Does anybody have suggestions for a desktop case? Finding E-ATX cases is easy, but finding one that supports 12" x 13" without issues seems to be a bit more complicated. Been looking at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, sound dampened case would be preferred though.
  11. M

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

Have you tried using yours as a desktop? If it's standard SSI EEB I could be interested in trying to buy another server, dual 2670s and use it with my 1060.
  12. M

I bought the one with a lid. Costs a bit more though. Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order)
  13. M

It uses the chipsets SATA controller. I am 99% sure that it would work with FreeNAS. Haven't tried it myself though. I can passthrough it in ESXi, won't try though as it's my only controller.
  14. M

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Do you have the dimensions and weight for the package? Trying to figure out what it would cost to ship it with a shipping forwarder.
  15. M

EU Details zu Supermicro Server SYS-2026T-6RF+ Server Barebones (16 x 2.5" HDD, 2U) ~ 160€

Weird. I've ordered from them multiple times and they have solved everything within a couple of hours with custom configuration, tax deduction and shipping.
  16. M

Cheap fast quiet server?

You have a source for $20 UDIMMs? If so you're extremely lucky.
  17. M

Took a few screenshots. Also, does anybody know if I can flash the BMC on this one to enable RKVM?
  18. M

EU 6TB Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4 SAS3 12Gb/s - ST6000NM0034 / 199€ incl. VAT

It's a well-known fact that the Seagate Barracuda 3 TB drives produced after the factory floods have had huge issues. But if you actually bother to read up on some of Backblaze's later "studies" you can see that Seagate are about as good as Western Digital with a lower price.
  19. M

EU Intel EMC Avamar ADS M1200; Gen4S; DRBGP;Xeon E5-2620 (x2) 32GB // 279 GBP + 35 GPB

Did the server come with trays? His listings are a bit... confusing.
  20. M

Thanks, that sounds good! It will be in a separate room so high pitched fan noise shouldn't really be an issue.