Search results

1. J

1U Esxi 7 Server enough airflow for 10Gig network card

I am building a Esxi server and have been looking at 10gig cards. I was looking at the HP 560SFP+ card but I was worried if having it in a 1U server it might get too hot. If there is another cost effective card that can work in a 1U server supported under Esxi 7 please let me know
  2. J

Hyve Zeus v1 Server good for Esxi?

Thanks for all the feedback I am going to have to dig through some boxes and see what I have in back stock for building a desktop. But most of my old hardware will be pre 2012. I guess my reason for going with enterprise hardware was having the second CPU and normally high memory support.
  3. J

Thanks for the reply , Do you know if they can boot from a sata dom ? I am thinking of putting in 2 SSD's and then when time and money permits to build storage. Are there any other enterprise solutions at that price point for learning ESXI 7
  4. J

I saw a number of older posts on the forum about the Hyve Zeus v1 1u servers that are sold on ebay and wanted to take peoples take on them for running ESXI 7. I am looking for a server to train on and learn more about Vmware.