Search results

1. Z

New Mobo: Foreign drives cannot be imported as they don't form a complete configuration

I was not able to "import foreign configuration" no matter what I did. Unclear way. To resolve the issue; I put the MegaCLI efi binaries on a usb stick and booted my system. I had to use my WSL2 ubuntu installation to use wget from the link at LSI Preboot EFI packages for flashing LSI products...
  2. Z

New Mobo: Foreign drives cannot be imported as they don't form a complete configuration

yes. 4 rotational drives and 1 SSD were seen. I'll double confirm tonight when I boot the box as suggested. You can see the rotational drvs in the screenshot above (behind the popup). Blue arrows. Specifically what does "clear the controller" mean? (not in front of box right now)
  3. Z

I had my 9266-8i working perfectly as I think Raid 6 with 4 qty 3TB Red drives and 1 2TB SATA caching drive on my x299 motherboard. This weekend; I upgraded to a W709E-SAGE workstation board. All I did was transplant the controller card onto the new motherboard. The system an 850W PSU and I...
  4. Z

LSI SAS 9217-8i / aka SAS2308 CacheCade or Cross Flashing

I recently experienced a SSD failure while using Windows Storage Spaces... loosing most of my data. I'm "done" trying to get Software raid to work. I had the data on a SAS 9217-8i card but cannot seem to enable "CacheCade SSD Caching". The raid array is working under windows / Device manager as...