Search results

1. X

Slow iperf speed (4gbit) between 2 mellanox connectx 3 vpi cards with 40gps link

I made a test mounting an ubuntu installation on the windows host and now the link is 30gbps in iperf3. 30 seems the maximum right now without any additional enhancement or optimization. It is over infiniband. Running iperf3 with -P or multiple iperf3 instances the result is always 30gb summing...
  2. X

Slow iperf speed (4gbit) between 2 mellanox connectx 3 vpi cards with 40gps link

I did the test and the result is the same. 2 parallel tests, same speed halfed. With 1 iperf3 i get 4 gbit. On 2 iperf3 on 2 different ports, I get 2 gigabit per port! So what could be the problem? I'm tired!
  3. X

the 2 systems are 3960x and 1950x, 24 and 16 cores. both windows and linux show a link rate of 40gbps. How can i check if the cable is showing 40gb? Svr in the bios could create problems? Do you have any personal experience with windows to linux direct cards connection?
  4. X

On the same machines I also have 10gb ethernet cards. Using iperf with or without -P parameters I get a maximum of 7gbits. With mellanox cards a maximum of 4 gbits. Accessing the smb folders using the 10gb ethernet cards i reach 1200 megabyte per sec. Using the mellanox cards only 600 megabyte...
  5. X

I think iperf is correct because if i try an smb transfer i can’t get more than 600megabyte per second. However i will try with live images
  6. X

Hello, I have 2 mellanox connectx 3 vpi cards. They have been updated to latest firmware and installed one on centos7 and the other on windows 10. Both cards are on amd threadripper systems with pcie express gen4/3 at 8x or 16x. On windows I use the latest WinOF drivers. On linux I use...