Search results

1. R

CSE847 Won't Post

That's a good idea and I need to remove the motherboard anyways. I'll give that a go and if it works out looks like I'll have a spare mobo.
  2. R

CSE847 Won't Post

Tried out a pair of 5500 series xeon processors and it exhibited the same behavior. Spoke with the seller and they are sending out a new motherboard. Hopefully this fixes the issue.
  3. R

CSE847 Won't Post

I appreciate that. I purchased this from the server store and they said it likely needs a bios update and will need a 5500 processor to flash the bios with. I'm going to see if I can find something locally to throw in and give a whirl. I unfortunately don't have another system to try these...
  4. R

CSE847 Won't Post

OK. That's good to know. I'll get a hold of the seller tomorrow regarding this. I tried to get the ipmi up and running but my DHCP server doesn't show a lease for it. I'm not sure how to connect to it if I don't know the IP. I used IPMIView to scan and it didn't find anything.
  5. R

CSE847 Won't Post

Well I tried a good psu and same thing. Looked closer at the paperclip I was using and there is a plastic coating. Got another one and the power supply that came with the system is good. I was able to force start the PSU and the fans spun up that were attached to the backplane. So that's...
  6. R

CSE847 Won't Post

I'll give that a go tomorrow morning. What a pain on a server I just purchased. Hopefully the seller will take care of me on this.
  7. R

CSE847 Won't Post

unplugged everything coming from the power distribution unit and still no proper voltage. So its either both of the PSUs which to me is unlikely or its the power distribution board. My bet is on the power distribution board.
  8. R

CSE847 Won't Post

Tried out IPMI and it's a no go. Network lights turn on for a fraction of a second and then cut out. I unplugged the power supply to motherboard cables and tried to jump start the PSU. Only one pin supplies 5V on entire 24 Pin ATX plug. So it's either the power distribution unit kicked the...
  9. R

CSE847 Won't Post

Picked up a CSE847 and I can't get it to start. I get a quick flicker on the front panel leds every 5 seconds or so. Xeon L5640 CPUs Memory PC3-10600R DDR3-1333 M393B1K70CH0-CH9Q5 I believe both of these components should be compatible. Decided to remove CPU2 and try it with only one ram...
  10. R

Recommend a POE switch for lowest power consumption?

and it looks like a Brocade ICX6450-24P or ICX7250-24P would fit the bill nicely. Hopefully I'll find get an ebay offer accepted.
  11. R

Recommend a POE switch for lowest power consumption?

I currently have a JGS516PE - 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE Smart Managed Plus Switch. I have ran out of available ports as I will be adding 5 poe cameras. I also have a Ubiquiti Unifi AC AP Pro that needs 48V so POE+. I was thinking to ditch the JGS516PE and get 24 port switch that is 48V...
  12. R

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Appreciate you sending this. I will take a look.
  13. R

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

It looks like the T730 will consume about 10 to 15 watts over the T620 plus. Initially I said no big deal but that adds up to around $10.50 a year. Crazy to think about. Now I'm thinking of a netgate SG-1100...
  14. R

I appreciate the info. Trying to keep this sub $200 for the time being. I'm just looking to run pfsense on a home network with about 30 clients at any given time. I'm planning to throw in an intel quad NIC that has lower power consumption. I'm doing crypto mining and wanted something a bit...
  15. R

Too funny. I just canceled an order I had for an HP T730 thinking this would be a better fit. I'm glad I asked before order the T640.
  16. R

Planning to use this for pfsense. Any recommendations on a good nic card so I can have 2 RJ45s?