Search results

1. E

FS [US-CO] - SuperMicro X11, X9, X8 Motherboards

I just did a major server upgrade, and have several motherboards available. All work without issue (with one noted exception). Local pickup preferred, but happy to arrange shipping in the U.S. for actual shipping price. Sold Supermicro X11SSH-F - $225 ___ Supermicro X9DRH-7F - $250 Dual...
  2. E

Sanity Check: Advice on Next Server Steps

Like many homelabbers, I started my server journey with a three-generation-old, single processor system (with a Xeon E5 v1). I've run FreeNAS/TrueNAS exclusively and been happy. But I download and store a lot, enjoy trying new operating systems, and have added and reconfigured disks as I ran...
  3. E

WTT [US-CO] Intel / Broadcom SFP+ Cards for...

I received an unopened box with several brand-new SFP+ cards during a datacenter cleanout. I've got four cards: an Intel X710 and three Broadcom - all Dell part numbers. As a home user, I would far prefer to upgrade my server from an X9 to a well-equipped X10 E5v4, or X11 Scalable setup...
  4. E

Supermicro 826 Chassis - $84 eBay

I came across these last week. They currently have dual -48v power supplies, but they should swap out with a 110 PSU easily. $84 shipped is almost free. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134418348376
  5. E

-48v Chassis Conversion?

I've been looking for a SuperMicro 826 or 836 chassis - Ebay seems to be the best option - and I came across a chassis with redundanct -48v power supplies. I've done enough research to discover that they were popular in the telephone industry (because 48v isn't enough to kill a lineman). It's...
  6. E

DELETE - Supermicro BKT-0051L-H LGA1151 Heatsink Mounting Bracket

Long story short, I'm looking for Supermicro mounting bracket BKT-0051L-H. I've just purchased an X11 LGA1151 motherboard and would like to re-use a 4U active heatsink for an X9 board I already have. Supermicro uses the same 4U active heatsink for both units, but with a different mounting...
  7. E

WTB - 16GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM (Denver)

This is a want to buy or borrow. I just bought a used SuperMicro X11SSM-F on Ebay. It has bent pins, so I want to test the board before I commit money to a lot of ram. I'd be happy to borrow a 4GB UDIMM to test, if I can find one in the Denver area. Assuming it all tests well, I'll be looking...
  8. E

FS: SuperMicro Hot-Swap Server - $300 Denver

This home server is as much valued for the case as the motherboard (maybe more). The X6 motherboard is EXCELLENT as a personal file server, and I've been able to use it with two cameras in Zoneminder, but that's the extent of its current reach. Ultimately, this is a great STARTER system for...