Search results

1. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

@wazoo42 here are my numbers before/after running stress-ng --matrix 0 for an hour if they are helpful (FAN2 is the noctua NF-A6x24 PWM on the CPU]: [edit ambient room temperature is about 22-23C] idle temps before: CPU1 Temp: 28 MB Temp: 36 Card Side Temp: 45 DDR4_A1 Temp: 34 DDR4_A2 Temp...
  2. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Glad others can benefit from it. It really really makes a difference on temps overall. I am not certain why they didn't have the option to set manual fan speeds in the BIOS as described in TFM, page 42, but this works just fine. Everything is nice and frosty now. Beast of a board.
  3. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

AsRock was kind enough to send me a beta BMC firmware (L1.32.00) that adds fan control options to the IPMI webUI. I had a ton of Card Side Temperature Upper Non-critical - going high - Asserted/Deasserted events in the IPMI Event log due to the fact that all my case fans would only spin up...
  4. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Turned out pretty well. Attached with some decent double-sided tape. We'll see how that goes (board sits vertically). Temps are much better now. Can't push it much past 60C now even when I try.
  5. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I'll give it a shot. Will probably dab a blob of jb-weld on 2 screws and mount it thus if everything is working. I am debating whether or not to remove the passive cooler and apply some better thermal paste first? I am not super comfortable with doing this on such a cpu. It looks like no...
  6. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I have one of these boards, and it runs pretty hot. Anyone have any idea if one of these would work? Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F 60x25mm CPU fan holder by vihapuu It's for a "Supermicro M11SDV-8C-LN4F motherboard (or any similar model with the same heatsink dimensions)". Someone earlier said...