Search results

1. M

Anyone used a U.2 SSD to PCIe X16 Adapter PCIE 4.0 to 4 Disk U.2 SFF-8639 SSD Riser Card

Anecdotal but I've been using multiple of their AICs and cables for about three years now with no issues on two different Romed8-2Ts.
  2. M

Anyone used a U.2 SSD to PCIe X16 Adapter PCIE 4.0 to 4 Disk U.2 SFF-8639 SSD Riser Card

This is certainly going to be related to the quality of that unbranded AIC. Test each drive individually with a cable to your MB (use the two Oculink ports). Confirm no PCIE signal errors. Then toss that adapter and buy from Startech or Linkreal.
  3. M

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

It was definitely listed as used and according to eBay used is:
  4. M

Update: Drive came well packaged in no less than four USPS priority bags.. though no anti-static wrapping. Serial number still has 8 months of warranty remaining according to Intel support. Drive powered up immediately and updated the firmware to E2010603. SMART information shows very...
  5. M

They asked me the same once and I told them it came from eBay and sent them the order from eBay. The other time they didn't ask at all. Mine just showed up tonight. Will update in the next few hours if this one is also DOA. Edited to include my previous skirting of the "where did you get this...
  6. M

Mine arrives on Wednesday; I'll report on stats as soon as it shows.
  7. M

Probably worth reaching out to Intel and asking for a replacement. They have stock that isn't going to enterprise because enterprise has already replaced them with items that have inventory!
  8. M

One thing to keep in mind with these deals, that I've experienced twice now is they are usually dead cards/untested. Twice now I've received dead P4800X 1.5TB AICs that were DOA but within the warranty period and Intel honored them no questions asked. That being said I snagged one of these and...
  9. M

ASrock Rack ROMED8-2T - Correct PCIE2 Selection Jumper settings and/or what cables to use OCU1 & OCU2 w/ U.2 Drives

I have this board and use two P4800X 1.5tb with these cables: Supermicro 55cm OCuLink to U.2 PCIE with Power Cable (CBL-SAST-0956) I'm traveling now but will review the jumper layout when I return home.
  10. M

eBay Epyc testing question

It is not vendor locked; if the PSB fuse was blown it would not boot on hardware that didn't have Dell signed firmware.
  11. M

Asrock Rack Epyc Rome/Milan and Threadripper Pro motherboards

Wow that's a great price.
  12. M

F/S: Intel Optane SSD 900P Series (280GB AIC PCIe X4 3D XPoint) - Brand New

These routinely go for 70$ or less new in box. This is not a good deal.
  13. M

FS: 13900KS, Z690, WRX80, 4070Ti, DDR5-6000, PSU, 4TB, 8TB, 360mm AIO

+1 for seller reliability. Bought through eBay and private sale.
  14. M

ESXi & nvdimms

Found a snippet from a Dell support page that suggest ESXi only supports NVDIMM-N on Intel Xeon Gold (51xx, 61xx) and Platinum (81xx) series. I cannot get ESXi to recognize any NVDIMM-N (both Micron and SKHynix) on a RomeD8-2T w/ Milan 7313P. Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD detect and assign...