Search results

1. S

10g Home NAS Setup

Yeah I keep coming back to this point. What software would you use to manage backups? I'm not one to leave my computer on all the time, and wouldn't want to be overwriting data that hasn't changed...
  2. S

10g Home NAS Setup

Yeah like I said I don't need to saturate 10g, but just better than an HDD speed of ~100MB/s was the hope The kind of thing I'll be doing is running 3D scenes, saving gigs of data every few minutes, accessing lots of large image files and PSDs and autosaving them every few minutes, all of this...
  3. S

10g Home NAS Setup

Ok, thanks guys When it comes to cache in the above propsed setup how do I increase the cache? The specs I had planned out were: AMD 3200g ASRock B550M 8GB Corsair 2x4gb DDR4 ASUS XG-C100C Network Add-in-Card 256GB Intel SSD 760p Series 300W Be Quiet! PURE POWER 11, 80 PLUS Bronze 4TB...
  4. S

10g Home NAS Setup

All I can find is that it says -2 x 10 Gigabit Uplinks -No Network Bottlenecks thanks to the 2 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Uplinks -The two uplink ports automatically detects which speed is needed by the connected device and provides the adequate speed" But I don't know if that means the router...
  5. S

10g Home NAS Setup

That's interesting, could you break that down for me in simpleton's terms? So would I have 2 ethernet's plugged into each pc, one going to the router, one going to the nas? So the other devices would still be able to access the NAS, just at 1gb speeds then? Cheers
  6. S

10g Home NAS Setup

Hi all, I'm new here and have searched to try to find what I'm after with no avail, and you lot seem to know what you're on about! I would like to see if you can find an issue with my proposed setup, I work in 3D using a lot of data and am moving into a new home in a few weeks, a perfect time...