Search results

1. C

Datto Xeon D 1541 board -- $501.15 shipped + 6/8% ebay bucks for some

has anyone encountered an issue where their CPU will not go above 800mhz? even under a bench or stress test? or is this throttling behaviour? edit: Nm. It was throttling behaviour. I flashed the asrock bios. apparently hitting 49c keeps the CPU locked to 799mhz unless throttling is disabled in...
  2. C

Zeus V2 : U-NAS NSC-810A | X10SL7-F | E3-1265 V3

Nope. but at 58mm with fan, the scythe big shuriken rev2 will. works with 2011-3 which is what im using to build mine as soon as it comes in. i should note that... to mount this cooler. you should do it before you install the motherboard into the NSC-810a. cuz aint no way you gonna be able to...
  3. C

U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

Thought I'd note for anyone contemplating a build with this.. that the scythe big shuriken rev 2b at 58mm is under the 61/62mm height restriction for this case. It's also the only cooler (That I've found so far) short of a noiser industrial server cooler that will fit LGA 2011-3. and work well...
  4. C

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

Yes that one works out of the box. although it only uses two holes as opposed to 4. Under 100% load it keeps things at 65ish it might work better after the thermal compound cures. I have that one cooling a i7-27xxqm. I also have this silenx low profile northbridge cooling a i5-2520m in my...
  5. C

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

This is the cooling solution i found that was most silent for my purposes. thermalright HR-55 sli. Amazon.com: ThermalRight HR-55-SLI/IFX: Computers & Accessories