Search results

1. S

Which memory works in HP Microserver Gen 10?

Inside my HP Microserver Gen 10 (this is not the plus) I have a stick of Micron MTA9ASF1G72AZ-2G3B1 which is un-registered ECC Ram 2400T 8GB. I have some sticks of RDIMMs which are 2666 timing. They don't work in the microserver. It doesn't get to post with those sticks inside. Online I find...
  2. S

How are servers cooled, and is it noisy? (Passively cooled GPU question)

I've made some money (money >& /dev/null) and I want to put together a "rig" for AI and in especially for experiments with Stable Diffusion. I will be able to use the same equipment for home lab experiments and as a file server that can do transcoding. Looking around at cards that will be cost...
  3. S

Does "Micron PC4-2400T-RD1-11 ECC SERVER Ram" work in HP Microserver gen10?

HP Microserver gen10 wants " HPE 8GB (1 x 8GB) single rank x8 DDR4-2400 CAS-17-17-17". Online I read "PC2400T refers to DDR4 running at a 300MHz memory clock with a 14.6 CAS latency and 17-17-17 timings (CL-tRCD-tRP). PC2400 is simply a non-specified variant of DDR4 with the same memory...
  4. S

Which free NAS software on my HP Proliant Microserver Gen10?

I have a HP Proliant Microserver Gen10 with 4 x 4tb hard drives, a 60gb SSD for the OS, 8 GB ECC ram (will upgrade to 16gb). I bought everything years ago but I only just got back into the country where I had this equipment stored. I want to use this as a media and file server. I also want to...
  5. S

What is the name of this power connector?

I have a HP microserver gen 10 which I want to put an SSD into to run the OS. There is a space where you can install an optical drive or an SSD. This is the 4 pin connector I have to power the device. In documentation and on the actual power socket it is labeled P3. So this is it. I think...
  6. S

Which processors are obsolete due to high power consumption?

I am interested in experimenting with docker, Kubernetes, coin mining. I need a better platform to convert media files. So I have been looking into systems from old server hardware to clusters made from single board computers. Perhaps I have misunderstood. What should I look at when...